Author Topic: THE WEDNESDAY NIGHT PORTSMOUTH PUB RIDES (audax club Portsmouth)  (Read 67932 times)

Riggers

• Mine's a pipe, er… pint!
Re: THE WEDNESDAY NIGHT PORTSMOUTH PUB RIDES
« Reply #125 on: 12 September, 2012, 09:09:56 am »
You see, this is what I like. Banter. Foot fetish indeed. A chap shows concern for his fellow pubber-cyclist and is branded (erroneously*) as a shoe-sniffer.

I am thinking, "You lucky buggers … 3 pubs in 40 miles". I'm just a lonely cyclist with no chums  :'( who'd rather enjoy that sort of cycling on a Saturday.

M'wife did buy me a couple of locally-brewed bottle-conditioned beers from Steyning yesterday. One was Ballard's Nyeman's Gold. (http://ballards-brewery.co.uk/) The other one escapes me at present. She and a friend went for a walk to Chanctonbury Ring**.

*Not erogenously Humster.
** Again, nothing there for you Hummers.
Certainly never seen cycling south of Sussex

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #126 on: 12 September, 2012, 09:49:10 am »
You see, this is what I like. Banter. Foot fetish indeed. A chap shows concern for his fellow pubber-cyclist and is branded (erroneously*) as a shoe-sniffer.

I am thinking, "You lucky buggers … 3 pubs in 40 miles". I'm just a lonely cyclist with no chums  :'( who'd rather enjoy that sort of cycling on a Saturday.

M'wife did buy me a couple of locally-brewed bottle-conditioned beers from Steyning yesterday. One was Ballard's Nyeman's Gold. (http://ballards-brewery.co.uk/) The other one escapes me at present. She and a friend went for a walk to Chanctonbury Ring**.

Riggers dear chap, if you ever find yourself in mid-Essex let me know.  Me and our local yacfers can show you and your pipe any number of top notch pubs.  I'm afraid I don't have the archives to hand but I think the most number of pubs we have visited in one evening is 6 and we'll draw a veil over what happened next.  My Mother-in-Law and her freezer door still haven't forgiven me.

Riggers

« Reply #127 on: 12 September, 2012, 10:25:32 am »
Thank you for that kind thought Oscars. Decent chap.

Lady P

• "Up?"
« Reply #128 on: 12 September, 2012, 10:33:09 am »
I am wedding dress shopping on Saturday but hope to join you all for dinner  :thumbsup:

Hummers

• It is all about the taste.
« Reply #129 on: 12 September, 2012, 04:54:06 pm »

"Especially for you..."

H

Riggers

« Reply #130 on: 13 September, 2012, 09:36:37 am »
That's bloody ghastly Hummers. A little part of me thinks "Hmmm, lucky escape there. Glad I don't go to these pubs."

If it helps, the fetish I have is for ladies' bosoms and winkies. Any pics?

chillmoister

• King of Compton
« Reply #131 on: 13 September, 2012, 09:40:58 am »

"Especially for you..."

H

SPD sandals ...know the risks ....she didn't.
appearing in a tea room near you

chillmoister

• King of Compton
« Reply #132 on: 13 September, 2012, 10:04:38 am »
another champion night out with the wednesday night wheelers ...almost a full house of regulars and welcome to Fitz on his first ride out with us; hopefully we didn't put him off!  Pompey 'Grandad' Phil joined us at the pub to celebrate the arrival of Eva Lily.  Marvellous!  An exceptional evening was called (again!) and so it was a late ride back via Micks for tea and to marvel at the pricipality laid bofore us like a bejewelled carpet. Blazer was allowed to win the midweek freewheel as he'd done so well on the Hellfire  :demon: ;D

Blazer

• One too many mornings and a thousand miles behind
« Reply #133 on: 29 September, 2012, 11:26:47 pm »
Blazer was allowed to win the midweek freewheel as he'd done so well on the Hellfire  :demon: ;D

Just been catching up and seen this.  'Allowed to win' - Mrs Blazer, take that trophy of the mantlepiece immediately :(

chillmoister

• King of Compton
« Reply #134 on: 01 October, 2012, 04:51:30 pm »
might even 'let you win' another one as you've got your shiney new Wessex SR!  ;D

« Reply #135 on: 02 October, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »
right its time to put the next rides list together, so roll up and tell me the pubs you would like to vist and do rememeber it is winter!!!

Plodder

• More of a lurker than a poster!
« Reply #136 on: 02 October, 2012, 06:54:02 pm »
My suggestions (and reasons):

Red Lion at Chalton (Real fire for the winter)
Rising Sun at Clanfield (Sells Doombar especially for H  :demon:)
Bold Forester at Soberton (Fish and Chips on a Wednesday)

P
The Portsmouth Wednesday Night Pub Ride Group - "a drinking club with a cycling problem".

Hummers

« Reply #137 on: 02 October, 2012, 10:49:21 pm »
My suggestions (and reasons):

Red Lion at Chalton (Real fire for the winter)
Rising Sun at Clanfield (Sells Doombar especially for H  :demon:)
Bold Forester at Soberton (Fish and Chips on a Wednesday)

P

Oddly, the Rising Sun has crept onto my interest list and is under new management to the last time we went there (back in 2007  :o)

Other places could include:

• Bucks Head - Meonstoke
  • Golden Lion - Swanwick
  • Another one out near Emsworth - what about the Sussex Brewery or Stags Head?
  • Old House at Home - Havant
  • Is it time to go back to the Swan, Bosham?

H

« Reply #138 on: 03 October, 2012, 05:19:46 pm »
Maybe a thought for the warmer summer evenings, but how about venturing westwards to visit your further-flung friends from round these parts  :thumbsup:

Milburys?  Ship at Owlsebury?
Let your mind unravel ... down that road you're travellin' ...

Plodder

« Reply #139 on: 03 October, 2012, 11:43:47 pm »

Oddly, the Rising Sun has crept onto my interest list and is under new management to the last time we went there (back in 2007  :o)

Just one change of management since then?

More like three! The current owner, although a novice, is very keen to improve the pub and to listen to customer feedback. It has some unfamiliar but guest ales.  :thumbsup:
The Portsmouth Wednesday Night Pub Ride Group - "a drinking club with a cycling problem".

chillmoister

• King of Compton
« Reply #140 on: 08 October, 2012, 11:02:10 am »
not sure if this is suitable for a winter ride ...but I was out at the weekend and rediscoverd the delights of the climb from Walderton to Up Marden and across to Compton where we could take in the Coach and Horses.

LEE

« Reply #141 on: 08 October, 2012, 08:52:12 pm »
Maybe a thought for the warmer summer evenings, but how about venturing westwards to visit your further-flung friends from round these parts  :thumbsup:

Milburys?  Ship at Owlsebury?

Me and Urban_biker did a recent pub ride to the Ship and are planning another next monday or tuesday.

Let me know if you plan a ride to Owselbury.

Lady P

• "Up?"
« Reply #142 on: 18 October, 2012, 01:56:17 pm »
What about one of the ones in Rowlands Castle?

Hummers

« Reply #143 on: 20 October, 2012, 10:15:29 am »
The Castle is the only one that comes close to the mark (in my opinion).

H

« Reply #144 on: 31 October, 2012, 04:43:13 pm »
here is the list for the next 3months

7nov=mead end,denmead
                                                   14nov=white swan,bosham
                                                   21nov=golden lion,southwick
                                                   28nov=bat and ball,hambledon

SAT 1  DEC PLANNING MEETING=red lion,chalton(details to follow)

5dec=harvesthome,denmead
                                                   12dec=bird in hand,lovedean(ALBERYS LAST RIDE WITH US)
                                                   19dec=izzak walton,east meon
                                                   26dec= boxing day no ride!
                                                   31dec=afternoon ride depart rowlands at 2pm, home by 5ish

2jan=mead end,denmead
                                                    9jan=the george,finchdean
                                                   16jan=rising sun,clanfield
                                                   23jan=fox and hounds,funington
                                                   30jan=travellers,newtown.   

Plodder

« Reply #145 on: 01 November, 2012, 10:24:58 am »
Hope you get a better turn out than last night over the next three months.

I was very lonely.  :'(

Hummers

« Reply #146 on: 02 November, 2012, 08:28:42 am »
Don't rake it to heart dear chap  8)

I am sure you will be well accompanied outside of half-term.

H

marzipan

• Empress of the Solent
« Reply #147 on: 11 November, 2012, 08:51:41 am »
I'm so glad the Travellers Rest makes another appearance - Who can forget the giant bird perched on the shoulder of a local, & Hummers hijacking band practice to sing and dance with them?  One of the highlights of the pub rides.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #148 on: 11 November, 2012, 09:35:06 am »

Riggers dear chap, if you ever find yourself in mid-Essex let me know.  Me and our local yacfers can show you and your pipe any number of top notch pubs.  I'm afraid I don't have the archives to hand but I think the most number of pubs we have visited in one evening is 6 and we'll draw a veil over what happened next.  My Mother-in-Law and her freezer door still haven't forgiven me.

That's the first time I've heard Rochford to Paglesham as "Mid-Essex"!  :D
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

« Reply #149 on: 20 November, 2012, 03:48:55 pm »
anybody planning to come on the jolly on dec 1st, PUT YOUR HAND UP NOW!!!