Author Topic: Victorian Farm - BBC2  (Read 773 times)

Chris S

Victorian Farm - BBC2
« on: 23 January, 2009, 09:43:55 am »
One of the Beeb's better ideas for a "reality" show, and really brings home to me what life was probably like for my ancestors who where a big farming family in mid-Norfolk during the 18th and 19th Centuries.

Even a spot of ferreting  :thumbsup:.

Looks like bleeding hard work though... Hell, we barely know we're alive now, do we?

Re: Victorian Farm - BBC2
« Reply #1 on: 23 January, 2009, 09:54:51 am »
My parents-in-law were farmers. I still remember the first Christmas there; being expected to put boots on immediately after a fulsome xmas dinner and go out into the cold to help with the milking.

There was hay-making in too hot weather, drinking bad cider; unblocking the spring that was their only water source, because a lamb had fallen in and died.

They never had a holiday until their children grew up.

Si

Re: Victorian Farm - BBC2
« Reply #2 on: 23 January, 2009, 10:04:09 am »
One of the Beeb's better ideas for a "reality" show,

Well, technically, not quite: there was a previous series: Green Valley with the same people on C4 (although I believe that C4 is sort of owned by the BBC so, technically, technically, you are really correct) that did a c15 or c16 farm in Wales.

But yes, it's a great series.

And I now have a claim to fame having spent a few weeks digging, camping and drinking with Alex and Fonzie (Peter) a while back.  :thumbsup: