Author Topic: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series  (Read 1753243 times)

BFC

• ACME Wheelwright and Bike Fettler
Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Reply #12775 on: 30 October, 2018, 10:18:16 pm »
If anyone has any orders in place or has bikes in for service at Evans, take note:

Mike Ashley has announced a takeover of Evans - if he goes down the route he took with House of Fraser it could get messy for anyone with unfulfilled orders or with their bike in for service or repairs.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46037259

« Reply #12776 on: 31 October, 2018, 09:14:33 am »
I'm in London today so unlikely to be out tonight

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Proving ambition is undone by ability since 1958...

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12777 on: 31 October, 2018, 09:34:27 am »
I have a strong premonition that I won't be awheel this evening.
Never knowingly underfed on an Audax

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #12778 on: 31 October, 2018, 09:47:06 am »

I'm sorry but your absence has yet to be authorised.  Have you submitted the relevant paperwork to an Elder other than yourself?

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12779 on: 31 October, 2018, 09:58:45 am »

I'm sorry but your absence has yet to be authorised.  Have you submitted the relevant paperwork to an Elder other than yourself?
I submitted my advance notice of absence paperwork to the same place as you do  O:-)

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #12780 on: 31 October, 2018, 10:05:26 am »
I’m afraid I have a village meeting to discuss extensions, new sewage plants and a kebab trailer in the car park, but I’ll see you all on Saturday. Route checking the R&RR today...
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12781 on: 31 October, 2018, 10:22:51 am »
I’m afraid I have a village meeting to discuss extensions, new sewage plants and a kebab trailer in the car park, but I’ll see you all on Saturday. Route checking the R&RR today...
You know how to have the best fun!!

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12782 on: 31 October, 2018, 10:52:55 am »

Any chance of that lovely chicken and ham pie being on for Saturday?? (Special request from Mrs J :thumbsup: )
Regards,

Joergen

« Reply #12783 on: 31 October, 2018, 10:53:56 am »
Afraid I'm on make-up duty for All Hallows' Eve. Not quite sure how that happens in a household with three females in it, but then I am multi-talented.
Turn, turn, turn again
Turn, turn to the rain
And the wind

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12784 on: 31 October, 2018, 10:55:25 am »
Dear me!  There's going to be a flood of paperwork arriving in the inbox of some poor unsuspecting Elder  :o

Oaky

• ACME Fire Safety Officer
  • Audax Club Mid-Essex
    • MEMWNS Map
« Reply #12785 on: 31 October, 2018, 05:07:19 pm »
I'm hoping to be out, colonials permitting.
You are in a maze of twisty flat droves, all alike.

85.4 miles from Marsh Gibbon

Audax Club Mid-Essex Fire Safety Officer
http://acme.bike

« Reply #12786 on: 31 October, 2018, 05:08:07 pm »
Gets dark early these days! I'm aiming to get to the Three Horseshoes about 8:45pm. They don't provide food, so I'm not expecting anybody to be there earlier.

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

Andy C33

• Beverage Procurement Officer.
« Reply #12787 on: 31 October, 2018, 05:47:41 pm »
I'm on Halloween duty tonight (such fun). Family duties as well.

« Reply #12788 on: 31 October, 2018, 06:02:15 pm »
I'm submitting a CBA form.
The pleasure of pain endured
To purify our misfit ways

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12789 on: 31 October, 2018, 07:02:43 pm »
 :o  See who ever there then!
Regards,

Joergen

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12790 on: 31 October, 2018, 07:09:18 pm »
I’m just getting myself sorted.

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12791 on: 06 November, 2018, 12:29:11 pm »
Tomorrow evening sees us visiting the King Billy at Notley, a destination which lends itself to a little sojourn along the Flitch Way would you not agree?  :thumbsup:

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12792 on: 06 November, 2018, 12:36:52 pm »
Tomorrow evening sees us visiting the King Billy at Notley, a destination which lends itself to a little sojourn along the Flitch Way would you not agree?  :thumbsup:

Or alternatively my Strava archive offers the Witham peloton two options, both incorporating TMNH, one at 35 miles and one at 40 miles.  Sorry to confuse folks with so many mouth watering choices.

« Reply #12793 on: 06 November, 2018, 12:50:46 pm »
I'm not able to make it this week, or indeed the following 2 weeks. Hopefully back out on 28th Nov.

So if anybody suggested bringing the Tollesbury Kings Head venue forward by a week or two from it's current 28th Nov slot, I'd approve :-)

Eddington: 133 miles    Max square: 43x43

huggy

• ACME GCFO
    • ACME
« Reply #12794 on: 06 November, 2018, 01:33:14 pm »

Or alternatively my Strava archive offers the Witham peloton two options, both incorporating TMNH, one at 35 miles and one at 40 miles.  Sorry to confuse folks with so many mouth watering choices.
Alternatively, there is THIS, less audacious but it will actually deliver us at the King Billy for 9pm

Oscar's dad

« Reply #12795 on: 06 November, 2018, 02:00:54 pm »
That works for me  :thumbsup:

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #12796 on: 06 November, 2018, 05:56:52 pm »
Alternatively, there is THIS, less audacious but it will actually deliver us at the King Billy for 9pm

I could intercept the peloton on this route ...

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12797 on: 06 November, 2018, 07:52:35 pm »

Road to Leez Priory closed till 14 Nov, alt is continue along LG Road then either L@T and follow to pick up original route or straight over and then head N ish via Willows Green to get to Rayne...
Regards,

Joergen

josser

• ACME Landlord
  • AKA Orange Socks
    • Orange Socks
« Reply #12798 on: 06 November, 2018, 08:58:18 pm »

Road to Leez Priory closed till 14 Nov, alt is continue along LG Road then either L@T and follow to pick up original route or straight over and then head N ish via Willows Green to get to Rayne...

Not that closed, passable by bicycle. They seem to have closed all the roads round us and then done no work...
You can’t just call time out and stroll on into the beach if you don’t like the way things are goin’.

jiberjaber

• ACME S&M^2
« Reply #12799 on: 06 November, 2018, 09:11:53 pm »

Not that closed, passable by bicycle. They seem to have closed all the roads round us and then done no work...

:thumbsup:  It's BT that have put in the road closures from what I can see, some duct creation and maintenance from the looks of it.
Regards,

Joergen