Author Topic: Installing Marcos in OpenOffice  (Read 1162 times)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
Installing Marcos in OpenOffice
« on: 15 October, 2008, 02:10:53 pm »
I am running Ubuntu Hardy Heron & OpenOffice 2.4.1.  I'd like to install this macro to use in OpenOffice Writer, but when going to Tools > Macros > Run Macro I cannot find that macro in the list of My Macros.  I think I have saved the Macro in the wrong folder, but I've no idea where the macro should be saved.  Does anyone have any hints before I have to resort to the scary OpenOffice forums?
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/

Mike J

• Guinea Pig Person
Re: Installing Marcos in OpenOffice
« Reply #1 on: 15 October, 2008, 08:07:04 pm »
The page seems to imply that it doesn't matter where its saved,  I would be inclined to save it in one of the OpenOffice Folders.

Craig

« Reply #2 on: 15 October, 2008, 08:44:38 pm »
It works for me (running OOo 2.3.1 on XP). And it seems like a rather useful macro for writing sciency stuff.

Did you follow the instructions on that page to install it? Go to Tools -> Extension Manager... -> My Extensions ->  Add
It doesn't seem to matter where it is saved, I presume installing it will copy it to the correct place.

(and on an OpenOffice note, I notice v3.0.0 has just been released)

αdαmsκι

• Instagram @ucfaaay Strava @ucfaaay
  • Look haggard. It sells.
« Reply #3 on: 16 October, 2008, 11:52:20 am »
Hmm.  I've discovered that the extension manager (Tools -> Extension Manager) doesn't appear in my version of OpenOffice, which I think is an issue with Java & so I'm currently trying to solve that issue.

Edit: Now all happy.  Rather than messing around with Java updates I installed OpenOffice 3.0.  That gives me the Extension Manager option, from where I was able to instal the macro.  Thanks for the help.
What on earth am I doing here on this beautiful day?! This is the only life I've got!!

https://tyredandhungry.wordpress.com/