Author Topic: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.  (Read 1632211 times)

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
Re: The Grumble Thread - No energy for a full on rant.
« Reply #2825 on: 18 January, 2013, 08:56:29 am »
You lucky bastard, I got a £60 penalty for parking in our own office car park, with a paid permit, when working, on a saturday.  Apparently I was not supposed to use that particular section of the car park on a saturday, because my particular type of permit apparently precludes that.  I say apparently, because no-one had ever told me.  I parked there because it was closest to the office, and I had heavy equipment to carry, because someone in streetscene had lost the equipment I should have been using, so I brought my own in.  I was waiting for a hernia operation, so was a bit fragile.  I appealed  the penalty (which is given by the very same streetscene dept that lost our equipment), was told it was rejected because I did not have the correct ticket, i.e. they completely ignored the appeal.  They emailed me to say I had lost the appeal and had to pay within 7 days, when I was off for 2 weeks having just had the hernia op.  They got my out of office reminder, and didn't even check to see when I was back.  Callous unthinking bastards.  And then they wonder why my commitment to working for them has disappeared.
Wombat

« Reply #2826 on: 18 January, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »
Left my phone at work :(

Can't be bothered enough to worry about it.
me too, yesterday. Cue:
Quote from: No2Daughter on Facebook
ANSWER YOUR PHONE

« Reply #2827 on: 18 January, 2013, 01:44:39 pm »
I have backache, periodically and I'm sick of it, and can't work out what I'm doing to set it off. (No, I don't think it's that).

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #2828 on: 18 January, 2013, 03:34:46 pm »
I have backache, periodically and I'm sick of it, and can't work out what I'm doing to set it off. (No, I don't think it's that).

praps it's the other?

« Reply #2829 on: 18 January, 2013, 07:29:16 pm »
That's a bit cr@p.
It was my Mum's birthday yesterday.
She reminded me of that fact some twenty minutes ago.
B0ll0x!!!!! :-[

« Reply #2830 on: 18 January, 2013, 10:38:02 pm »
Just went to make a cup of tea.  No water, pipes must be frozen _again_  >:(
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #2831 on: 20 January, 2013, 09:45:29 am »
Appparently, the kid next door is "a spoilt little boy"....for wanting to go and play outside in the snow.
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Zipperhead

• The cyclist formerly known as Big Helga
« Reply #2832 on: 20 January, 2013, 02:55:20 pm »
Bollocks, I've just taken my Team Pro off to see why it's started creaking and found that the frame is broken in two places!

Fuckity arse biscuits
Won't somebody think of the hamsters!

« Reply #2833 on: 21 January, 2013, 06:33:38 pm »
Got home today and decided that it was about time I put the winter tyres on the trike.

Into the shed to pull them out.  There's the rear (26") tyre.  But where are the 20" ones?  No-where to be seen!   >:(  I've moved since I used them last year - they're probably in a box in the other shed and I can't pull them out because the garden's covered in SNO and they'll get soggy and fall apart!   :facepalm:

So, I've ordered some new ones.  That should guarantee a thaw!

Bugger, bugger, shit, shit, shit.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2834 on: 21 January, 2013, 07:53:29 pm »
*passes the cable ties*

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #2835 on: 22 January, 2013, 08:58:23 am »
Weather.

I'm bored now.  Do something different please.
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

« Reply #2836 on: 22 January, 2013, 10:09:14 am »
Virgin Media: one of the reasons I called you last week to get a free Tivo box out of you was to use Virgin Anywhere, your much vaunted, and appealingly convenient, online app.

Your technician was here and gone in about 15 minutes (for which you charged me £50) and when asked about said app, I did not expect a reply like "sorry, I haven't got a clue, we haven't been trained in it".

Good job I have a spare ethernet cable and a modicum of knowledge, isn't it?

This is getting close to a rant now, as the bloomin' thing doesn't work. "No problem", says the technician. Well, actually it is, matey. I hope there's a feedback request for all this hassle to be aired.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

« Reply #2837 on: 22 January, 2013, 06:25:09 pm »
Someone was good enough to clear a car wide track through the ice up the steep slope to the work carpark.

Which dickhead thought it would be a good idea to park in the cleared section?
Miles cycled 2014 = 3551.5 (Target 7300 :()
Miles cycled 2013 = 6141.4
Miles cycled 2012 = 4038.1

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #2838 on: 22 January, 2013, 07:46:31 pm »
I've just been fannying around with the browser on my latest Kindle.

One of the links it comes up with in its default listing is the Daily fucking Mail.

Die, Amazon.  DIE!!11!!
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

dasmoth

• Techno-optimist
« Reply #2839 on: 24 January, 2013, 11:52:29 am »
Supposedly, delivery attempts were made for two packages yesterday, one of which should contain my shiny new B&M Luxos.  No sign of either, not even a calling card.

Parcelfarce appear to have forgotten that packages to my address are supposed to go to the post office.

So now have no idea when I'm actually going to get hold of them.  Bah.
Half term's when the traffic becomes mysteriously less bad for a week.

fuzzy

« Reply #2840 on: 24 January, 2013, 01:45:29 pm »
Dear facilities staff and/ or suppliers.

When you change our bog rolls from the standard supermarket size one to the big fat commercial ones, please also provide appropriate bog roll holders. Failure to do so results in big fat bog rolls being hooked onto the arms of too small bog roll holders and continually falling off.

Now, due to a) your failure to provide a floor drain in the bog/ shower room and b) this being a male facility, the cubicle floors are often wet with either showere runoff or the product of some blokes complete inability to stand and piss in a pan, floor bound bog rolls get very wet.

Dealing with water/ piss soaked bog roll does not a happy work force make.

Guy

• Retired
« Reply #2841 on: 24 January, 2013, 01:54:26 pm »
New shiny Army Intranet :sick:

In thast 2 1/2 hours I've been told the action could not be completed because of an "Unexpected Error" ::-) 17 times, had my action "aborted" because of "unscripted handling error" ??? 5 times and in between all this jollity have actually managed to upload 2 small documents.

I used to moan about the old one but this is ridiculous. It's only been live 3 1/2 days and it's borked already :facepalm:
"The Opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject"  Marcus Aurelius

TheLurker

• Goes well with magnolia.
« Reply #2842 on: 24 January, 2013, 07:22:02 pm »

In thast 2 1/2 hours I've been told the action could not be completed because of an "Unexpected Error" ::-) 17 times, had my action "aborted" because of "unscripted handling error" ??? 5 times and in between all this jollity have actually managed to upload 2 small documents.

I used to moan about the old one but this is ridiculous. It's only been live 3 1/2 days and it's borked already :facepalm:
*cough*  +++ REDO FROM START +++
IGMC. :)
Τα πιο όμορφα ταξίδια γίνονται με τις δικές μας δυνάμεις - Φίλοι του Ποδήλατου

« Reply #2843 on: 26 January, 2013, 10:06:42 am »
Next door (the ones who run their big, smelly diesel for 20+ minutes rather than scrape its windows): we don't really get on, do we? We don't even exchange xmas cards. The only time I ever hear from you is a knock on the door to borrow something. Conversely, I would rather do without than turn to you. Anyway, you borrowed my car battery charger the other day & I heard your car start ok yesterday, so why haven't you returned the charger? With thanks, might be nice, but I just want it back so that I am covered should my car need it. In future, I think requests for such assistance will be met by flimsy excuses.

Edit: went and got it back today (5 days later). "I've been looking out for you to give it back". Bollocks. We live next door, FFS!
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #2844 on: 26 January, 2013, 01:03:33 pm »

Sounds like the last two changes to the university website which is not only inaccessible (they claim they consulted with us, in reality they told us they wanted to know stuff but they wouldn't do what we said) and it doesn't flipping work.  Searching for X does not return any results for X or departments named X!  I am now submitting complaints every time it doesn't work figuring that they'll get sick of me and send a boss over to try and intimidate me into shutting up.

« Reply #2845 on: 28 January, 2013, 10:33:29 pm »
Snot Goblin.  FOAD!   I don't want to feel ill at the moment.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

Jacomus

• My favourite gender neutral pronoun is comrade
« Reply #2846 on: 29 January, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »
Oi! Droid!

Your latest update gave me back post alarm weather, but where has my hide keypad button gone in your new layout? That thing kicked ass.
"The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity." Amelia Earhart

« Reply #2847 on: 29 January, 2013, 10:01:39 pm »
I rode the trike today at work for the first time in a few weeks, two trips into town and back, and my legs ache.

Then I spent the afternoon transferring 73 recycling boxesfull of cardboard from the overflow heap into the newly empty skip, and now my arms ache too!
If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #2848 on: 29 January, 2013, 10:28:33 pm »
When I got back to Bournville today, I had the usual problem opening the front door after a week away.  All the free papers, charidy bags (6), important pizza news, Virgin Media, summonses, taxi cards, balti menus, bills, package of eye glass mirrors (hurrah), invites to meet jeebus at the church next door but one, jam under the door and I cant get in.

Anyway, one brown envelope contained a cheque, made out to me for a reasonable amount of money.
Er.. what?  The cheque is from Birmingham City Council (seems they bank at the Co-op - good for them).
But that was the only thing in the envelope.  No letter.  No explanation. Nothing.

What's the grumble?  Cheques!  I fucking hate cheques!
Last year, I worked in the city centre.  They have banks there where you just put your card in, feed in the cheque and it's all done.  Now I'm at Five Ways, I have to stand in a queue for an entire lunchtime.
Fucking cheques!
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #2849 on: 30 January, 2013, 12:03:52 am »
When I got back to Bournville today, I had the usual problem opening the front door after a week away.  All the free papers, charidy bags (6), important pizza news, Virgin Media, summonses, taxi cards, balti menus, bills, package of eye glass mirrors (hurrah), invites to meet jeebus at the church next door but one, jam under the door and I cant get in.

Anyway, one brown envelope contained a cheque, made out to me for a reasonable amount of money.
Er.. what?  The cheque is from Birmingham City Council (seems they bank at the Co-op - good for them).
But that was the only thing in the envelope.  No letter.  No explanation. Nothing.

What's the grumble?  Cheques!  I fucking hate cheques!
Last year, I worked in the city centre.  They have banks there where you just put your card in, feed in the cheque and it's all done.  Now I'm at Five Ways, I have to stand in a queue for an entire lunchtime.
Fucking cheques!

I send cheques to my bank branch by post. Slower and more expensive but no queueueueues...