Author Topic: Stagonset  (Read 4824 times)

Stagonset
« on: 23 July, 2010, 07:44:45 pm »
I note the website is down because
Stagonset is currently undergoing some major staff and management changes
  :-X

I do hope they get going again.

hellymedic

• Just do it!
Re: Stagonset
« Reply #1 on: 23 July, 2010, 08:02:51 pm »

+1

« Reply #2 on: 23 July, 2010, 08:43:40 pm »
Hmm, I only used them a week or two back, and got a nice little package of nuts, washers and bolts.

A couple of the items I ordered are "to follow", so hopefully they'll appear at some point.
Actually, it is rocket science.

« Reply #3 on: 23 July, 2010, 08:47:27 pm »

Clerkenwell Screws is your frend.
020 7405 1215

« Reply #4 on: 28 August, 2010, 11:13:35 pm »
Still down  :( I did like using their website.

« Reply #5 on: 29 August, 2010, 09:49:38 am »
Quote from: website
We apologise for the sudden and inconvenient suspension of our website. Stagonset is currently undergoing some major staff and management changes. Our website will remain inaccessible whilst a full stock take is being completed.

... and ...

Quote from: website
Please do not send goods or mail to Westfield Farm as we are no longer accepting mail at that address.

Which sounds a bit to me like they've had staff "issues", so maybe had to lay of their staff rather rapidly, and currently don't have a clue of what there stock is (and possibly the state of the books :-\).

I also hope they come back, as you say the website is very convenient, as is being able to order a handful of components, unlike most companies where you're going to have to order a hundred bolts when you want two.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #6 on: 29 August, 2010, 03:16:43 pm »
eBay is good for hardware in small quantities.  A lot of small traders are there with low overheads and low postage charges.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #7 on: 31 August, 2010, 10:43:56 pm »
... A couple of the items I ordered are "to follow", so hopefully they'll appear at some point.

I just got a small jiffy bag with three small packets of the washers that competed my order.

Obviously things are still working to some degree, and they still have a working computer system, since the printout which came with it, and listed the contents, looked to be the same as I've had with previous orders.

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #8 on: 01 September, 2010, 05:18:44 pm »
I use Orbital.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #9 on: 01 September, 2010, 05:40:47 pm »
Hmm, they look interesting.  Some things are very cheap, like a Form A M5 washer is 0.45p, but it's not clear what MOQs are (possibly 100 since things like washers are priced per 100).

They do have a lot more bits'n'bobs than Stagonset, but it's more of a faff to find stuff.

It looks like the delivery charges are high enough that you would want to buy quite a lot of stuff to absorb it (standard delivery looks to be £7-95).

They're another option however. :thumbsup:

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #10 on: 01 September, 2010, 05:56:20 pm »
Yeah I usually buy enough stuff that the postage is recouped with the money you save, the other day I bought 500 m8 hex bolts + t nuts etc plus postage came to the same price as buying 200 elsewhere.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #11 on: 01 September, 2010, 06:03:25 pm »
500 M5 bolts would keep me going for life!

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #12 on: 01 September, 2010, 06:12:40 pm »
They lasted me one evening of speaker building lol.

Support Equilibrium

« Reply #13 on: 13 November, 2010, 12:57:37 pm »
Stagonset's website still says the same as it did before.  Whatever the reason, I can't help thinking that that's it, and we won't see them back, which is a bit of a shame.  I would have thought that if they were going to solve whatever reason caused them to close up shop, it would have sorted it by now, given it's some months later.

gordon taylor

« Reply #14 on: 13 November, 2010, 01:37:59 pm »
I think this company might be a reincarnation of Stagonset:

Westfield Fasteners

The website looks very familiar.

Usual disclaimers, but I think I'll try Westfield Fasteners next time I need a few nuts and bolts.

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #15 on: 13 November, 2010, 04:16:10 pm »
Westfield's postage is £3.50 - so you're likely to be better off with eBay or a local shop for a small order of something ordinary.

The price may be a bit steep at £5, but a bag of St John Street's Workshop Sweepings is worth getting as it tends to contain bolts with small captive washers that you don't normally find from a general hardware supplier, as well as the odd bike-specific bit and bob.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●

« Reply #16 on: 13 November, 2010, 05:05:33 pm »

Westfield Fasteners

The website looks very familiar.

Usual disclaimers, but I think I'll try Westfield Fasteners next time I need a few nuts and bolts.

Excellent. Now what did I need?
[Quote/]Adrian, you're living proof that bandwidth is far too cheap.[/Quote]

« Reply #17 on: 13 November, 2010, 05:29:02 pm »

Westfield Fasteners

Well found, thanks for that  :)

« Reply #18 on: 20 February, 2013, 08:42:22 pm »
Can anyone locate:

A4-80 socket head cap screws, M5, 45 and 50 mm long - they need to be fully threaded, preferably, or at least only have 5 mm or so unthreaded shaft.

« Reply #19 on: 20 February, 2013, 09:14:05 pm »
Can anyone locate:

A4-80 socket head cap screws, M5, 45 and 50 mm long - they need to be fully threaded, preferably, or at least only have 5 mm or so unthreaded shaft.

Have you tried Clerkenwell Screws?
020 7405 1215
There's a good reason that number is from memory....

You may find that fully threaded is troublesome - that's the difference between a set screw and a bolt.
But CS are as good as any, and probably better than most, to advise you and get you what you need.
Their turnaround time for stuff they don't stock is usually 24 hrs.

« Reply #20 on: 20 February, 2013, 09:41:49 pm »
Thanks Jurek.

I have a single button headed A4-80 in the right length (45 or 50 mm would do), fully threaded, but I'm damned if I can find another one to match it, and it takes a 3 mm hex key which is not ideal. A4 is ok, A4-80 (because I'm like that), is more difficult.