Author Topic: ACME Awards Night 3rd November 2018  (Read 1784 times)

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
ACME Awards Night 3rd November 2018
« on: 06 September, 2018, 07:35:08 pm »
Audax Club Mid-Essex Announcement:

Make a note in your diaries: It's that time of year again! All welcome: WAGs, HABs, fans and admiring hordes.

The Compasses, Littley Green will again be the lovely venue for our awards night. Many thanks Josser :thumbsup: Saturday 3rd November from 19:00 onwards in the 'Green Room', get here early to eat and we'll start formal proceedings from about 20:00. B & B at the pub, camping in the beer garden available too.

In due course I'll be contacting all those fantastic helpers who have made our events possible. Certificates for all and there's also an award for 'Helper of the Year'.

Likely Essex SR recipients will get an email at the end of the season; we also have a 'Club Points Champion' award - one clear winner is emerging ... There's a 'Lantern Rouge' award - still scope for cutting it fine on 'Fenland Friends' this weekend; current holder Calvin, are you listening! Fixies let me know your points total at the end of September, please.

Suggestions for a guest of honour - anyone know James Hayden well enough?

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
Re: ACME Awards Night 2018
« Reply #1 on: 06 September, 2018, 07:58:00 pm »
B0ll0cks!  I'm running a couple of events on that day — knocked back a week due to someone getting in a 70th birthday party in the hall the week before  ::-)

All I need, I think, is FF600 for my Essex SR this weekend.  That would give me my SIXTH Essex SR  :thumbsup:  But having FAILED on two longer events in June then let's not count those chickens, eh?! ;)
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

rob

« Reply #2 on: 06 September, 2018, 08:31:22 pm »
I plan to ride Wilkyboys 200 and could possibly stop off on the way back.   We go on holiday the next morning so I then need to get to Dover.

James Hayden used to be in the Catford.   Wouldn’t say I ‘know’ him.

jiberjaber

• ... Fancy Pants \o/ ...
  • ACME S&M^2
« Reply #3 on: 06 September, 2018, 09:01:03 pm »

Make a note in your diaries: It's that time of year again! All welcome: WAGs, HABs, fans and admiring hordes.

The Compasses, Littley Green will again be the lovely venue for our awards night. Many thanks Josser Saturday 27th October from 19:00 onwards in the 'Green Room', get here early to eat and we'll start formal proceedings from about 20:00. B & B at the pub, camping in the beer garden available too.

In due course I'll be contacting all those fantastic helpers who have made our events possible. Certificates for all and there's also an award for 'Helper of the Year'.

Likely Essex SR recipients will get an email at the end of the season; we also have a 'Club Points Champion' award - one clear winner is emerging ... There's a 'Lantern Rouge' award - still scope for cutting it fine on 'Fenland Friends' this weekend; current holder Calvin, are you listening! Fixies let me know your points total at the end of September, please.

Suggestions for a guest of honour - anyone know James Hayden well enough?
:thumbsup:
Regards,

Joergen

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 07 September, 2018, 08:09:22 am »
Well he currently lives in Chelmsford but I think he's in the process of getting married and moving house. I might be able to drop him a note on Twitter.
Quote from: Tomsk
[/quote

Ok, worth a try!

Oscar's dad

• aka Septimus Fitzwilliam Beauregard Partridge
« Reply #5 on: 07 September, 2018, 08:42:22 am »
Goes off to Google James Hayden...

Ah yes, won the TCR, could give jibers some useful tips  :demon:  Can we get James to do the pickled egg initiation ceremony?

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
Re: ACME Awards Night 3rd November 2018
« Reply #6 on: 11 September, 2018, 07:27:56 pm »

Change of date: ECE The 3Rs to finish at The Compasses!
Huggy says Yes  :thumbsup:

The Compasses, Littley Green will again be the lovely venue for our awards night. Many thanks Josser :thumbsup: Saturday 3rd November from 19:00 onwards in the 'Green Room', get here early to eat and we'll start formal proceedings from about 20:00. B & B at the pub, camping in the beer garden available too.

Likely Essex SR recipients will get an email at the end of the season; we also have a 'Club Points Champion' award - one clear winner is emerging ... There's a 'Lantern Rouge' Award - I think I have a candidate from the 'Grand'. Fixies let me know your points total at the end of September, please.

There's a rumour of a NEW AAA Award ...

Tomsk

• tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: 01 October, 2018, 08:27:33 pm »
2018 year bars and new batch of medals have arrived. Hurrah! Still f.o.c. to the lucky recipients.

rob

« Reply #8 on: 02 October, 2018, 07:03:14 am »
I get back from hols mid-afternoon, customs and ferries allowing.

Might take a bit of negotiation.