Author Topic: End of Season Claims  (Read 1625 times)

Phixie

• No gears and all the ideas
End of Season Claims
« on: 29 September, 2018, 02:34:58 pm »
Hi All,

The imminent end of the Audax season prompts me to post the usual reminder  to request all those who have achieved points on fixed wheel during the year just ending and who have not already done so, to let me have their points claims for that period. It will be helpful if you will add which rides have been done on fixed to enable me to confirm you are claiming everything to which you are entitled. As ever, in case of query or difficulty, please contact me directly (off-list). E-mail or snail mail is preferable; no need to send the card unless it needs validating - no point in risking these valuable items in the mail unnecessarily - especially at the moment.

To clarify the issue and avoid unnecessary queries, the 50% rule does NOT apply to the fixed wheel trophy, so the person with the greatest number of points will win the trophy. Claims from female members will be especially welcome as very few of these have been seen recently.

In view of the limited time again this year between the end of the season and the Reunion weekend, please send these figures promptly; if we don't know about them well before the prize-giving, another rider with a smaller total may receive the prize, which would be really, really galling. This urgency also applies to members riding end of season permanents who should submit their cards promptly to their organiser. (I would expect that as of last weekend, John Ward, the Perms Sec would have been as up to date as possible.)

At the same time, perhaps riders of other "niche" machines (tandems, upright trikes and repugnants or any combination of these) would do the same, sending their figures to Pete Lewis, as the system has not yet been upgraded to take account of the boxes on the back of the latest Brevet cards.

Don’t stop pedalling!

Regards,

RP
At the end of the day, when all's said and done, there's usually a lot more said than done.

Re: End of Season Claims
« Reply #1 on: 30 September, 2018, 08:00:32 pm »
I have one claim for the Recumbent Cup at just 23 points.
No claims yet for Trike
Tandems: 321up have moved house - to a rather small island, and bhoot has busy of late with membership duties so I'm not expecting big numbers this year.  Please prove me wrong !

« Reply #2 on: 02 October, 2018, 03:02:21 pm »
just totted up my trike total  - a surprising to me  but modest  24 - so a hopeful email sent .
Perhaps I should aim high this season a 100 on the barrow...

rob

« Reply #3 on: 02 October, 2018, 03:06:50 pm »
I seem to have managed 46.25FWC points this year but I've not been filling cards in for a few years.

I suspect I have been well beaten anyway.

j_a_m_e_s_

• Prisoner 17091
    • AUK results
« Reply #4 on: 02 October, 2018, 03:35:03 pm »
I seem to have managed 46.25FWC points this year but I've not been filling cards in for a few years.

In pursuit of 100AAA, I scraped 178.75. Not even half of what the winner's total will be though!

I'm excited to see what the winner's final tally is this year.

Its a big one....
Rule 77

wilkyboy

• "nick" by any other name
    • 16-inch wheels
« Reply #5 on: 03 October, 2018, 12:30:01 pm »

In pursuit of 100AAA, I scraped 178.75. Not even half of what the winner's total will be though!

I'm excited to see what the winner's final tally is this year.

Its a big one....

Crikey!  I managed a meagre 34 FWC points, once the final 1-pointer has been validated. 

I wasn't going for points, or AAA, I was just riding my bike, but not as much as usual, and 31 AUK points is my lowest points-year since I started this idiocy  ::-)

I did, however, manage to ride SR/SFW/Essex SR, so I'm happy with that  :thumbsup:

I also managed to break my continuous RRTY at 67 months with TWO fails in June — the only time I rode gears all year and I failed both times  :facepalm:
Lockdown lethargy. RRTY: wot's that? Can't remember if I'm on #8 or #9 ...

JonB

• Granny Ring ... Yes Please!
« Reply #6 on: 04 October, 2018, 01:36:04 pm »
Managed to get my fixed SR and 108 FWC points  :) but bottled the two 1000km rides in Scotland and Wales  :hand: and went with gears on the basis of the climbing rather than the distance. The question is where does this leave me for a fixed PBP ... I still fancy it