Author Topic: Keeping mushrooms going  (Read 3254 times)

Keeping mushrooms going
« on: 14 January, 2023, 10:30:46 am »
The kids got a grow your own mushrooms kit for Christmas. The sort you cut off the side of box, open plastic, spray water and ta da fungi, I either heard (probably GQT) or read you can keep mushrooms going perpetually they just quickly exhaust the growing media they are supplied in. Has anyone got any experience of this

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....

Re: Keeping mushrooms going
« Reply #2 on: 15 January, 2023, 09:25:52 am »
Drat, this is a year too late for me. I got one mushroom on each round of growing, plus a few rather dry ones that had grown on the cardboard box.

« Reply #3 on: 15 January, 2023, 09:28:37 am »
That's grand thanks, have some hay for chickens so will try and move into that or possibly move some of the stuff out the box before getting that going

« Reply #4 on: 27 February, 2023, 09:09:58 pm »
So about 3 weeks ago, maybe 4 the kids opened the kit from grocycle and followed the instructions. Sprayed twice daily and got nothing. The instructions said drop them an email with pictures if any problems so did and heard back today

Got an appologetic email and from the pictures they said for some reason mould was present but not visible when the kit was checked pre dispatch so stopped the mushrooms forming. New kit will be sent out under guarantee. Whilst being disappointed the first lot didn't work a company is best judged on how they deal with problems and hopefully they will send the replacement and it will work

« Reply #5 on: 24 March, 2023, 09:35:03 pm »
Activated the new kit last weekend and we have tiny mushrooms, they currently look rather phallic