Author Topic: Howies cycling clothes  (Read 1498 times)

Howies cycling clothes
« on: 26 March, 2021, 08:11:49 am »
Anyone know why they stopped doing cycling gear apart from the jackets? I have bib shorts, a Jersey and bib tights and all good quality and lasting really well and weren't expensive either

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
Re: Howies cycling clothes
« Reply #1 on: 26 March, 2021, 08:16:25 am »
I think they stopped doing that kind of stuff when they were bought out by Timberland

Which is a shame really
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #2 on: 26 March, 2021, 08:28:27 am »
I believe that they bought themselves back from Timberland. They don't do big runs on a lot of their items, quite often they sell out quickly. Maybe they'll start doing cycling gear again - you could always drop them a line and ask them, they're pretty friendly.

« Reply #3 on: 26 March, 2021, 08:30:40 am »
Its definitely been available since they bought themselves back. I will ask as they don't even show it as an option anymore

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #4 on: 26 March, 2021, 08:42:55 am »
Well there you go, every day is a school day.  Obvs I didn't know about the buy back and the restarting of the cycling clothing.  Wonder why the marketing emails (to me) stopped? Humph.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #5 on: 26 March, 2021, 08:59:45 am »
They definitely sold them after buying themselves back as I bought some of the unfortunately named sh34rts in 2016.

It'd be great if they sold them again as they're my favourite cycling shorts and having put on about 15kg they don't exactly fit anymore...

« Reply #6 on: 26 March, 2021, 09:28:44 am »
I emailed and they came straight back. Looking at a new range spring 2022 so perfect for when we come out of lockdown 9

« Reply #7 on: 26 March, 2021, 11:24:46 am »
It's good stuff, I have some bibs and a jersey from the cycling range and a couple of non cycling specific bits, including a 15 year old merino mid layer which is probably the most worn garment I've ever owned and still in regular use.  Good luck to them with the new range, though there's far more choice now than there was a few years ago.

« Reply #8 on: 27 March, 2021, 07:46:13 am »
I've got a pair of tights that have lasted years, less lyrca looking if that makes sense, which is a good thing. Wish I'd brought more because it was good stuff.

Some of their other stuff is less impressive these days- I have a pair of long johns but they're very low on the waist.

« Reply #9 on: 27 March, 2021, 07:56:07 am »
It's good stuff, I have some bibs and a jersey from the cycling range and a couple of non cycling specific bits, including a 15 year old merino mid layer which is probably the most worn garment I've ever owned and still in regular use.  Good luck to them with the new range, though there's far more choice now than there was a few years ago.

I haven't looked as mine are fine but seem to recall they fitted price wise between cheap ones and the £100 + ones. Around 60 or 70 quid sounds familiar. Let's see what the new ones come in at.

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #10 on: 27 March, 2021, 11:17:34 am »
Their messenger bag is, without doubt, the best cycling thing I have ever purchased.
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #11 on: 23 November, 2023, 08:25:24 pm »
Bit of a thread resurrection. Had to stich a small hole up in seam of howies bibtights. Got me wondering how long I had them and found email. New years day 2016. Now I've not done mega miles in that time but they cost 45 quid so assume a sale and still have much life in them