General Category > Audax

El Supremo Pulborough 200km Perm

(1/2) > >>

Manotea:
Rode this today in lieu of the Heart of England. I had been planning on the HoE but I've been away for a while and figured I didn't have enough kms in my legs to enjoy a 300km so I opted for a shorter outing. This proved an excellent decision given some rather indifferent weather. I started from Guildford as the nearest point from home, going on to Three Mile Cross, Sutton Scotney, Liss, Pulborough and then back to Guildford. The route rides better starting from Pulborough as the Pulborough - Guildford is the least interesting stage and best ridden early to get it out the way, but the Guildford start saved me ~50miles driving which is hard to argue against.

So how was my day? Overall, really good. I got the clothing right for a drizzly start to a day which never really cheered up, and my overall conditioning is improving nicely, meaning I could 'push on' most of the way round. The route itself is a regular 'ride round ride' through gently rolling countryside on mostly quiet roads and country lanes. I really enjoyed the day, no stress, no worries, like I said, just a "ride round  ride" with enough variety to keep things interesting. It's also a nicely fixed friendly route; theres the odd short tug upwards but nothing to complain about, so a good choice for first time fixers. I was on a 75" gear and may try ~80" next time. Excellent.

Martin:
a great route; did it last year with FY and Lurkio starting from Pulborough; also used the Three Mile X section in reverse for last year's Dinner Dart to Guildford. The Venta 300 which you've entered next Sat uses the same (ish ) section back towards Pulborough

I still have a spare Hailsham-Liss and Dover Dash cards in the drawer; one day....

frere yacker:
A good permanent, but in my opinion not his best.  I was partial to the Dover Dash and the Medway Meander.  However, each also has the disadvantage of the Pulborough route, in that they pass through a main town (Dover, Maidstone and Pulborough respectively).

MT, I have some Redhill based 200s laid out as .gpx files.  If you are looking for nearby rides to do with company, let me know.

Manotea:

--- Quote from: frere yacker on 12 April, 2009, 09:56:54 am ---A good permanent, but in my opinion not his best.  I was partial to the Dover Dash and the Medway Meander.  However, each also has the disadvantage of the Pulborough route, in that they pass through a main town (Dover, Maidstone and Pulborough respectively).

MT, I have some Redhill based 200s laid out as .gpx files.  If you are looking for nearby rides to do with company, let me know.

--- End quote ---
How about w/e May 2nd?

Martin:

--- Quote from: Manotea on 12 April, 2009, 12:31:48 pm ---
--- Quote from: frere yacker on 12 April, 2009, 09:56:54 am ---A good permanent, but in my opinion not his best.  I was partial to the Dover Dash and the Medway Meander.  However, each also has the disadvantage of the Pulborough route, in that they pass through a main town (Dover, Maidstone and Pulborough respectively).

--- End quote ---
How about w/e May 2nd?

--- End quote ---

Shirley you're not dipping out of the chance to sleep on Membury Services floor on Severn Across?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version