General Category > Audax

Motivation

(1/4) > >>

simonp:
It's been lacking lately, I think partly as caused by not having done an Randonnee since November.

Today I just got on the bike and went out and did some lovely miles (112 km).

Where's that calendar?

Air Dancer:

--- Quote from: simonp on 11 April, 2009, 11:23:12 pm ---
Where's that calendar?

--- End quote ---

Here

http://calendars.cafepress.com/item/king-slackercalendar/25596975

:P;D

simonp:
 :P

To be fair, I have been nursing a knee injury.  I would've hoped to have about 30 points by now otherwise.  ::-)

I probably won't attempt a 200 until /after/ the Fred Whitton Challenge as I think that there's not enough time to get enough fitness to do a 200 and have enough time to ease off before the FW.  I then have the remainder of May, all of June, and most of July to fit my SR series in before LEL.  :)

LEL:
OK Simon - heres your motivation

Answer the following question

Are you going to DNF on LEL?

Answer honestly now.....

frere yacker:
It sounds like we are in the same boat.  My last audax ride was the dinner dart in November and since then I count on the fingers of one hand how many times I've been out on the bike.

The barrier for me is putting up with changeable weather or travelling long distances to do rides or that I've either done before or have done bits of on other events.  I guess I'm just not inspired at the moment.

I can't see the ennui coming to an end soon as I look at the options for calendar rides or permanents and they suffer from the same problem or require a level of fitness that I just don't have.

Maybe I should take a whole year out and hope to come back enthused in 2010 (ponders)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version