Author Topic: Getting kids to cycle to school?  (Read 7004 times)

MercuryKev

• Maxin' n Audaxin'
Re: Getting kids to cycle to school?
« Reply #25 on: 13 May, 2008, 09:38:49 pm »
I work next to the person responsible for Scottish Cycling policy and sponsor of Cycling Scotland.  When I saw the poster, I raised it with her and she informed me that it has been significantly toned down from the original concept. They were trying to be quirky apparently.  That's what you need when you are trying to mainstream something: re-enforcing a quirky, left field stereotype!

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #26 on: 14 May, 2008, 09:59:22 am »
I work next to the person responsible for Scottish Cycling policy and sponsor of Cycling Scotland.  When I saw the poster, I raised it with her and she informed me that it has been significantly toned down from the original concept. They were trying to be quirky apparently.  That's what you need when you are trying to mainstream something: re-enforcing a quirky, left field stereotype!

Laughing incredulously in her face may have helped. >:(
Getting there...

blackpuddinonnabike

« Reply #27 on: 14 May, 2008, 12:14:27 pm »

But if you mark it out as quirky you're marking it out as 'different' or 'alternative' which scares most people.... I honestly can't see how this can possibly make it 'mainstream'.

fuzzy

« Reply #28 on: 14 May, 2008, 04:31:21 pm »
And can I give you a wee moment here Madame VC?

Wow!

rower40

• Not my boat. Now sold.
« Reply #29 on: 14 May, 2008, 05:27:13 pm »
Cross-post to "Secret crushes you have had" thread...

I might be having one right now.
Be Naughty; save Santa a trip

« Reply #30 on: 15 May, 2008, 02:00:17 pm »
My 12 year old nephew looked at the OP and said what's so bad about cycling to school? He thought it was to stop you. ::-) :(
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.

clarion

• Tyke
« Reply #31 on: 15 May, 2008, 02:05:01 pm »
what's so bad about cycling to school?

the school? ;D

But seriously - there you have the verdict of the (almost) target audience.  It's dead in the water.
Getting there...

Valiant

• aka Sam
    • Radiance Audio
« Reply #32 on: 17 May, 2008, 04:17:14 pm »
We could always build www.cyclingscotland.org.uk and clone the site but with images of our choice? Then people could go around adding .uk to the current ads! It'd become an underground movement which'll get it some c00l points.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Support Equilibrium