Author Topic: FETTELICIOUS (or pictorial proof of bodging)  (Read 1596 times)

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
FETTELICIOUS (or pictorial proof of bodging)
« on: 13 October, 2011, 07:21:53 pm »
Suitable candidate for a picture thread, ie bicycle bodges (fettles) that have been succesful, using string, stikky backed plastic, and old stuff. some may have already seen my elastomer Brooks thread a while back, but here's the photos again.  Brooks flyer came without springs, so i cut some 'elastomers' from some conveyer belt I had lying around in the garage.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Re: FETTELICIOUS (or pictorial proof of bodging)
« Reply #1 on: 13 October, 2011, 07:25:32 pm »
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't a Flyer with out springs a B17?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #2 on: 13 October, 2011, 07:26:41 pm »
another one was the covering of my Charge Spoon with leather, as the plastic was a bit sweaty and grippy. So cut up an old cusion and used spray glue, and clothes pegs to keep it altoghether whilst it went off. Fits very well and nice and smooth and slippy. :thumbsup:

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #3 on: 13 October, 2011, 07:30:57 pm »
Pardon my ignorance, but isn't a Flyer with out springs a B17?
No I dont think so, because the rails are almost 'upside down', in that there is virtually no clearence between the top of the rails and the underside of the seat, needing the 'springs' to raise it up to allow the saddle to give.if you look at the first picture yo'll see there is virtually no height in the rear upstand legs, AND there are bolts to accommodate said springs.