Author Topic: What are you having for supper tonight?  (Read 331962 times)

Re: What are you having for supper tonight?
« Reply #1550 on: 26 January, 2011, 03:58:30 pm »
I am like an addict, I eat brie and cranberry toasties at home every day, and when out on a ride faced with a cafe lunch menu I find myself ordering a ham, brie and cranberry pannini!

So this evening I made amends by eating fresh baked salmon with parsley, and a mince pie (I found an uneaten box of luxury ones left over from christmas yay!). If I get the munchies at midnight I will probably have a brie and cranberry toastie though  :-[

Shame you live on the other side of the country otherwise we would cordially invite you to our sandwich shop for brie and cranberry anything you like!

Well I will bear that in mind when I am travelling to the other side of the country for an Audax, thanks  :thumbsup:

I forced myself to have a bacon and cheese toastie for lunch instead today. It was nice but I am still craving something ....

« Reply #1551 on: 26 January, 2011, 05:45:22 pm »
Pheasant. It's pheasant night at the pub. A special night with one thing on the menu no choices. Pheasant. All supplied at cost to the pub by locals who shoot or are involved in the game trade and the meal charged at cost to the punters (£5 a head) also all locals. So that will be pheasant for 60 please. Makes for a busy night in the pub on what would otherwise be a quite January night and the landlord makes his money on the booze.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

« Reply #1552 on: 26 January, 2011, 05:50:19 pm »
Yesterday's vegetable stew turned into 'bolognese' with added Italian herbs and some mince and pappardelle.  Probably help it along with a bottle of Barolo.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #1553 on: 26 January, 2011, 05:52:33 pm »
I was just picking up a couple of odds and sods in the Co-op on my way home when I saw those Fray Bentos tinned pie things.  
"Wow", I thought, "I haven't had one of those for well over 30 years."

So........
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #1554 on: 26 January, 2011, 06:01:04 pm »
I was just picking up a couple of odds and sods in the Co-op on my way home when I saw those Fray Bentos tinned pie things.  
"Wow", I thought, "I haven't had one of those for well over 30 years."

So........
Made exactly the same mistake some months back!!  (Actually I thought it was OK, the missus disagreed).  DO NOT read the nutritional information on the tin!!

For my dinner tonight, I'm serving home made pork sausages, onion marmelade, potato and celeriac mash, and haricot blanc in a rich tomato sauce (courtesy of Heinz).   :smug:
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1555 on: 26 January, 2011, 07:51:51 pm »
Freezer roulette landed on Quorn burgers, which I enlivened with a baked potato, Heinz beans and steamed cabbage.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

eck

• Gonna ride my bike until I get home...
    • Angus Bike Chain CC
« Reply #1556 on: 27 January, 2011, 08:38:30 am »
Pheasant. It's pheasant night at the pub. A special night with one thing on the menu no choices. Pheasant. All supplied at cost to the pub by locals who shoot or are involved in the game trade and the meal charged at cost to the punters (£5 a head) also all locals. So that will be pheasant for 60 please. Makes for a busy night in the pub on what would otherwise be a quite January night and the landlord makes his money on the booze.

Pheasant, eh? makes a change from <a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/7IISZgCEaoE&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/7IISZgCEaoE&rel=1</a> I suppose.
It's a bit weird, but actually quite wonderful.

« Reply #1557 on: 27 January, 2011, 10:11:50 am »
Was a good night and raised £200 from rattling a bucket for Macmillan Nurses and the Air Ambulance. Much appreciation of the three guys who skinned 80 pheasants on Monday to provide the basis of the meal. A tad too much boozahol was drunk by all too.
I think you'll find it's a bit more complicated than that.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
« Reply #1558 on: 29 January, 2011, 06:46:17 pm »
I am having raw garlic. At least that turned out to be overwhelming sensation of my normally delicious garlic-onion-carrot-tomato pasta sauce. It almost made me  :sick: probably because I was hungry due to having had no proper lunch. So I had to have some yogurt to settle/kickstart my stomach, and do a bit more cooking.  :-[
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
« Reply #1559 on: 01 February, 2011, 08:32:29 pm »
Fried chicken, chips and beer - and later than I'd normally eat dinner.  It will wreak havoc with my weigh-in tomorrow morning, but at the moment I really don't give a damn.

;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

« Reply #1560 on: 01 February, 2011, 09:58:51 pm »
I cooked Jamie Oliver's herby chicken kebabs, but I cremated the pitta bread by accidentally putting the oven on maximum power fan oven rather than grill. They are rock hard!

Gattopardo

• Lord of the sith
  • Overseaing the building of the death star
« Reply #1561 on: 02 February, 2011, 01:40:06 am »
Home made chilli with butter beans and mascarpone cheese mixed in.

Amazing I rock.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #1562 on: 02 February, 2011, 05:33:31 pm »
Great chieftain o the puddin'-race.  :thumbsup:

Another one of these.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1563 on: 02 February, 2011, 07:01:41 pm »
I cooked Jamie Oliver's herby chicken kebabs, but I cremated the pitta bread by accidentally putting the oven on maximum power fan oven rather than grill. They are rock hard!

Boomerangs!
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #1564 on: 03 February, 2011, 06:06:11 pm »
Sun dried tomato risotto with dolcelatte, and steamed courgettes.
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #1565 on: 03 February, 2011, 06:11:00 pm »
Sausage casserole with brussel sprouts  :thumbsup:
Then I'm going out for BEER.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #1566 on: 03 February, 2011, 06:27:59 pm »
BrianI's patented random risotto.

A risotto made from random tins from the cupboard.  This evenings randomness was brown rice, green beans, petit pois, mixed chop nuts, mixed dried fruit, soy souce, and a wee bit of curry powder.   :thumbsup:

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1567 on: 04 February, 2011, 05:10:50 pm »
macaroni-cheese & salad
door-step slice of mrs. jogler's fruit cake

FatBloke

• I come from a land up over!
« Reply #1568 on: 04 February, 2011, 06:40:12 pm »
Ruby Murray ordered, Wife beater (Stella) chilling in the fridge, 52inch Sony warming up and tuned to the Rugby!!   :thumbsup:
This isn't just a thousand to one shot. This is a professional blood sport. It can happen to you. And it can happen again.

Pippa

• Busy being fabulous
« Reply #1569 on: 05 February, 2011, 07:47:21 pm »
Roast chicken. Omnomnom.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #1570 on: 06 February, 2011, 06:50:48 pm »
Risotto.  One with chicken and bacon and onion and pepper and garlic and mushroom for the meat-eaters, and one with onion and pepper and garlic and mushrooms and peas and green beans and asparagus for me.  And garlic bread.  YoungestCub objects, and is having to be bribed to eat risotto with garlic bread.

omnomnomnomnom.

« Reply #1571 on: 06 February, 2011, 07:16:18 pm »
Just made some veg stew with smoked paprika, harissa and sherry. Gf and daughter liked it. It's all gone now  :)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
« Reply #1572 on: 06 February, 2011, 07:28:06 pm »
Roast topside of beef. Spuds in goose fat. Yorkshire pudding. Red cabbage done in the analogue microwavepressure cooker. Rice pud to follow.
There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

jogler

• mojo operandi
« Reply #1573 on: 06 February, 2011, 07:39:56 pm »
macaroni cheese & salad
grand-daughter's fairy cakes :thumbsup:

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
« Reply #1574 on: 06 February, 2011, 09:09:51 pm »
macaroni cheese & salad
grand-daughter's fairy cakes :thumbsup:

Herring poached in tomatillo salsa, with beetroot salad.  And I've just loaded up the slow cooker with what will become boston baked beans in one compartment and winter vegetable gratin in the other.  9 hours from now, will be having a nice hot breakfast and then boxing up the rest of it for packed lunches.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher