Author Topic: Office cake survey  (Read 1781 times)

Office cake survey
« on: 03 May, 2017, 04:20:55 pm »
A friend is doing an MSc in Obesity and Weight Management and has an online survey regarding 'office cake'.

Given that 'cake' appears quite frequently in these pages I thought I ought to bring it to the panel's attention.

Cake Survey.

If the survey has any logical holes, and you feel strongly enough about it, a contact e-mail address is provided.

(I once put together a simple survey to determine travel habits at work, it was a surprisingly complex piece of work that went through far more iterations than I would have thought necessary to produce something that made sense whatever the set of circumstances the respondent was in, and to have an output that was useful.)
Rust never sleeps

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
Re: Office cake survey
« Reply #1 on: 03 May, 2017, 05:53:58 pm »
tbh cba to email but:
there are no 'prefer not to say' options for height/weight/age/gender etc.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

« Reply #2 on: 03 May, 2017, 05:54:31 pm »
I'll pass that back. Thanks.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #3 on: 03 May, 2017, 06:35:00 pm »
Passed back and response received. A fundamental aim of the survey is to determine how the answers given relate to the respondents' physical attributes, so without that info any correlation cannot be established.
Rust never sleeps

« Reply #4 on: 03 May, 2017, 07:57:36 pm »
Weight to 2dp seems a bit.....pointless. Depends on whether my hair's wet.

« Reply #5 on: 03 May, 2017, 08:02:28 pm »
:-)    I spotted that too. Not sure of the reasoning behind that one.
Rust never sleeps

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: 03 May, 2017, 08:20:23 pm »
Scottish residents not required, meh.
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Eccentrica Gallumbits

• Rock 'n' roll and brew, rock 'n' roll and brew...
« Reply #7 on: 03 May, 2017, 09:29:00 pm »
Thank you for your interest this questionnaire.  It forms part of a research study that explores office cake consumption in the UK.  Before you decide whether to take part by completing the questionnaire, it is important you understand the purpose of the research, how the results will be used and what you will have to do.  Please take time to read the following information carefully before deciding whether you want to take part.

The key points are:

The questionnaire is open to office workers aged 18 or over in England ie people who work mainly in an office environment. Examples of a non-office environment are a factory, laboratory, hospital, school, shop, outside or being on the road, driving.
    Taking part is voluntary.  You can discontinue at any time.
    Your name will not be requested or recorded. Your responses are confidential.
    By clicking 'Finish' to submit your answers at the end, you confirm that:

You consent to taking part in the research
    You work in an office
    Your office is based in England
    You are aged 18 or over.

Office cake consumption’ is the popular phenomenon whereby cakes and sweet treats are brought into the workplace to share among colleagues. Currently there is no scientific information about the topic. Therefore this study will explore the characteristics of office cake consumption in UK-based offices and office workers’ attitudes towards it.

Who can take part in the research?

Anyone who works in an office in the England can choose to take part.  Your thoughts and opinions are valuable however you feel about office cake, even if you don’t eat it or don’t even like it. Participation is welcomed from office workers at any age (18 or over) or level of management.

You cannot take part if either your main workplace is not an office (eg if you work mainly in a laboratory, hospital, classroom, factory, outdoors, on the road, driving etc), if you work outside England or are under 18 years old.

Why is it advertised research relating to the UK when it's only asking for respondents from England?
My feminist marxist dialectic brings all the boys to the yard.

« Reply #8 on: 03 May, 2017, 09:30:52 pm »
I will point this out and report back.
Rust never sleeps

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: 03 May, 2017, 10:19:05 pm »
You read it better than me, E.G. I just skimmed, saw the bit about England (wondered if it was written by a person who confuses the UK for England) and then gave up in the hump ;D
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

David Martin

• Thats Dr Oi You thankyouverymuch
« Reply #10 on: 03 May, 2017, 10:47:44 pm »
That is becasue we have office tablet as well as office cake.
"By creating we think. By living we learn" - Patrick Geddes

« Reply #11 on: 03 May, 2017, 11:03:28 pm »
Oops, I missed the bit about England and did it anyway. :facepalm:

hellymedic

• Just do it!
« Reply #12 on: 04 May, 2017, 01:20:02 am »
That is becasue we have office tablet as well as office cake.

;D ;D ;D

Very energy dense, tablet!