Author Topic: No longer being a Virgin  (Read 925 times)

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
No longer being a Virgin
« on: 11 July, 2017, 11:00:49 am »
As I have related in this place, we are intending to move to Basil-land (its OK, your pub is safe, Basil, as although we have been offered places in Llandysul, we're (hopefully) moving to near Llanfair Caereinion).  We will no longer be able to avail ourselves of the services of Virgin to provide superfast broadband, but will be able to get what BT refer to as superfast, but I call vaguely pathetic, but it'll do.   As I won't be a Virgin customer any more, what happens to my ntlworld email address, does it cease immediately, does it slowly slip off into oblivion at some point, or can I just set a forwarding thingy on its "out of office" function that'll carry on for years?

I've only ever changed email address once before, when Cable and Wireless sold out to NTL, so I've had the same ntlworld email address for donkey's years, and have had a gmail one for quite a few years now.  Should I just try to direct everyone to my gmail one, or what's the best strategy? 

I'm unlikely to actually deal with BT, as I hate them with a passion, but will probably use Vodafone, as I'll get a small discount being a long term Vodafone mobile customer, and they can do the business.  I don't even know if there are Vodafone email addresses!
Wombat

Re: No longer being a Virgin
« Reply #1 on: 11 July, 2017, 11:16:45 am »
Looks like you have 90 days only.

Probably best to bite the bullet and move to one of the non-ISP email services, e.g. gmail, Microsoft live.com,  etc.

Wombat

• Is it supposed to hurt this much?
Re: No longer being a Virgin
« Reply #2 on: 12 July, 2017, 12:16:09 pm »
I've started on the long slow grind of changing the email address for all the "accounts" I seem to have gathered over the years.  I lost the will to live some time ago  :'( The only one (that I've found so far)  that is not co-operating is Acronis, which utterly refused to acknowledge that I may wish to change my account email address.  I can change my home address, but not my email.  Idiots...  Seems par for the course for Acronis, which regularly decides it can't find the backup drive, despite actually listing it as being there...
Wombat