Author Topic: Breakfast Cafe Forest of Dean  (Read 1693 times)

Breakfast Cafe Forest of Dean
« on: 16 September, 2017, 08:48:30 pm »
Can anyone suggest one as The Dean Heritage Centre Café is closed for refurbishment and the Hopewell Colliery Museum café is closed for the winter until Easter next year.

Cudzoziemiec

• Ride adventurously and stop for a brew.
Re: Breakfast Cafe Forest of Dean
« Reply #1 on: 17 September, 2017, 09:01:22 am »
There's a cafe at Symonds Yat but I don't know what time it opens.
Riding a concrete path through the nebulous and chaotic future.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #2 on: 17 September, 2017, 09:04:02 am »
Caplans in Coleford or Lydney.  Dean forest cycles in Parkend for a lighter feed.

I'll check on Hopewell, I thought it was going to be year round even though the colliery isn't.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #3 on: 17 September, 2017, 04:57:25 pm »
Thanks for suggestions I didnt know the cafe at hopewell stayed open during the museums winter closure,will give them a ring before hand. :thumbsup:

« Reply #4 on: 17 September, 2017, 05:01:59 pm »
Caplans in Coleford or Lydney.  Dean forest cycles in Parkend for a lighter feed.

I'll check on Hopewell, I thought it was going to be year round even though the colliery isn't.

+1 to Dean Forest Cycles. A great bunch.

Kay certainly gave me the impression that she was planning on being open throughout the year. Obviously if there's "closed" on the door, then that's that.
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

SoreTween

• Most of me survived the Pennine Bridleway.
« Reply #5 on: 24 September, 2017, 09:37:52 am »
Confirmed yesterday; the cafe at Hopewell is open year round.
2023 targets: Survive. Maybe.
There is only one infinite resource in this universe; human stupidity.

« Reply #6 on: 24 September, 2017, 03:35:40 pm »
Confirmed yesterday; the cafe at Hopewell is open year round.

Excellent thanks.

« Reply #7 on: 05 November, 2017, 07:17:45 pm »
I dropped-in to visit Kay and her team last week. They're all happy in their new location - and appear to be very busy.

It will be an easy re-route for Mr. Pickwick's March Madness, Mr. Pickwick's Spring Tonic, etc .. .. ..
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.