Author Topic: Has anyone used the Hiplok Z Lock?  (Read 1300 times)

dim

Has anyone used the Hiplok Z Lock?
« on: 01 January, 2018, 07:39:07 pm »
Has anyone used / use these? I was thinking of buying some industrial type zip locks as used in the Construction industry to use when I do Audaxes or Sportives, and when you need to leave your bike unattended for a short while. (obviously, you would need to carry a pair of cutters so as to cut the ties)

These Z lock look interesting, as they have a steel re-inforcement, is sold in pairs and it comes with a key, so it's re-useable

“No great mind has ever existed without a touch of madness.” - Aristotle

Re: Has anyone used the Hiplok Z Lock?
« Reply #1 on: 02 January, 2018, 07:49:27 am »
Interesting thing, I can see the use although for bikes I remain to be convinced, because of the likely extreme vulnerability to snips, so little advantage to other lightweight systems that are out there and in various other threads. I'd also have a preference for a non-key based system; the Ottolock ticks the boxes on all counts for me.

« Reply #2 on: 05 January, 2018, 09:02:34 am »
+1 to the Ottolock.  Just the delay in getting them from the states.
Only those that dare to go too far, know how far they can go.   T S Elliot

Biggsy

• A bodge too far
  • Twit @iceblinker
    • My stuff on eBay
« Reply #3 on: 05 January, 2018, 11:39:27 am »
The Ottolock is bound to be available from UK retailers sooner or later (for those who missed out on the forum bulk buys).

Judging from the video, the Z Lok is intended for less important jobs like locking a helmet and the wheel to the frame.  It's reasonable to use something even lighter than an Ottolock for these if you like.
●●●  My eBay items  ●●●  Twitter  ●●●