Author Topic: B&M Seculite+ connection instructions - better explanation please  (Read 3586 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: B&M Seculite+ connection instructions - better explanation please
« Reply #25 on: 10 January, 2018, 01:00:12 pm »
The translation of B&M instructions is delightfully quirky.  For values of delightful that tend towards obtuse, depending on your familiarity with German words for electrical things.

"skinning the casing" for stripping insulation is a new one.   :thumbsup:

« Reply #26 on: 10 January, 2018, 01:01:52 pm »
Must admit - I did love that.   8)

« Reply #27 on: 10 January, 2018, 01:21:37 pm »
....BTW in the instructions they seem to refer to the (not very clear) diagrams as 'scribble'. Maybe they meant 'sketches', but out of the mouths of babes and fools.... ::-)

cheers

I would imagine that it's just a quirk of translation and does not reflect the mental capacity of any person or persons in particular.

The comment is a precis based on a longer (and well-known) quotation from Oliver Wendell Holmes, the gist of which is that innocent folk are apt to unwittingly utter the truth, i.e. the diagrams are indeed not very clear....

cheers

« Reply #28 on: 10 January, 2018, 04:10:05 pm »
Yes I assumed it was a knife type connectoion a la automotive Scotch piggyback connectors.  Anyway, before I went out today I got a bigger screwdriver and applied more pressure and - SUCCESS - a click and one side opened  :D. So now I know how it works and I haven’t broken it  :thumbsup:
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)