Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2453847 times)

Andrij

• Андрій
  • Ερασιτεχνικός μισάνθρωπος
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #21975 on: 01 April, 2018, 06:26:36 pm »
'Enjoying' a Welsh spring evening from the safety of my friend's kitchen.  Looking at the extended forecast, my decision to not attempt to squeeze in any cycling during my free periods this week appears to be justified.
;D  Andrij.  I pronounce you Complete and Utter GIT   :thumbsup:

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #21976 on: 01 April, 2018, 07:54:24 pm »
'Enjoying' a Welsh spring evening from the safety of my friend's kitchen.  Looking at the extended forecast, my decision to not attempt to squeeze in any cycling during my free periods this week appears to be justified.

Pretty gruesome currently in Llandismal.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
« Reply #21977 on: 01 April, 2018, 08:27:28 pm »
Enjoying the subdued subterranean grandeur of New York's Penn station, the Big Apple's answer to Birmingham New Street (the original and beautiful Penn station came down during the decade of Grand Uglification and was replaced with the less than endearing Madison Square Gardens and Penn Plaza). Grand Central is, on the other hand, pretty awesome. Though waiting there isn't especially useful if the train is coming in from Philadelphia.
We've talked about this before, I do believe...
Mordor Central has a bigger, slightly uglier, sibling and their name is New York Penn.

Honestly,  I felt right at home ;-)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #21978 on: 01 April, 2018, 09:29:42 pm »
If I ever visit New York, it's on my must see list.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21979 on: 02 April, 2018, 09:35:52 am »
Vaguely wondering if it's worth going for a trudge round the village in the hope that my gammy ankle won't play up.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

ian

« Reply #21980 on: 02 April, 2018, 05:46:13 pm »
Enjoying the subdued subterranean grandeur of New York's Penn station, the Big Apple's answer to Birmingham New Street (the original and beautiful Penn station came down during the decade of Grand Uglification and was replaced with the less than endearing Madison Square Gardens and Penn Plaza). Grand Central is, on the other hand, pretty awesome. Though waiting there isn't especially useful if the train is coming in from Philadelphia.
We've talked about this before, I do believe...
Mordor Central has a bigger, slightly uglier, sibling and their name is New York Penn.

Honestly,  I felt right at home ;-)

It did feel familiar.

They are talking about replacing Penn Station and Madison Square Garden (have been for some time) though whether it happens is doubtful considering the sums they've spent on other infrastructure post 9-11 and Sandy and underinvestment in Amtrak. Anyway, Grand Central is a lot nicer. The US still has many rather grand train stations (30th Street in Philadelphia, Union in DC and LA, etc.) Apropos of nothing, we did a tour of the lingering underground bits of Euston station the other months, which was interesting and we got to freak people out on the Victoria underground platforms by dispatching our disembodied voices through the overhead ventilation grills (we were lurking in the ventilation shaft). I should point out that this behaviour is not officially sanctioned by TfL.

Anyway, back to New York, my wife, bless her, decide to emerge in the New Jersey Transit section of the warren. And not tell me this (sensibly I was waiting on the Amtrak concourse). Helpfully, rather than tell me about the NJ Transit signs on the walls around her she supplied helpful navigational aids like 'I can see a Dunkin Donuts.' I don't think there's anywhere in the urban US where you can't see a Dunkin Donuts.

ian

« Reply #21981 on: 04 April, 2018, 03:56:05 pm »
Planning a four city trip by plane, train, and automobile.

In the mothership's Concur-SAP travel booking system.

I'm currently optioning the movie rights to what promises to be an epic emotional tragedy.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21982 on: 08 April, 2018, 01:57:54 pm »
Watching Paris-Roubaix, cycling's Roman holiday.

« Reply #21983 on: 19 April, 2018, 07:52:18 am »
Surprisingly acceptable coffee and croissants at Northampton bus station whilst I have 30 minutes to waste.   :)

On my way to another funeral.   :(

« Reply #21984 on: 19 April, 2018, 09:34:36 am »
I wish the fucker in the BMW playing with his phone in the car ahead of this bus would put it away.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #21985 on: 19 April, 2018, 12:25:27 pm »
I wish the fucker in the BMW playing with his phone in the car ahead of this bus would put it away.

Send him a CDC over Bluetooth.

BrianI

• Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Lepidopterist Man!
« Reply #21986 on: 19 April, 2018, 02:09:17 pm »
Just identifying some moths I found in my moth trap this morning.

11 Common Quaker
3 Early Grey
3 Hebrew Character
1 Garden Carpet

And a partridge in a pear tree!  ;)

rogerzilla

• When n+1 gets out of hand
« Reply #21987 on: 29 April, 2018, 09:43:54 am »
Deciding whether to go to the MX-5 owners' club spring rally.  It's cold and drizzly, so probably not worth a 190 mile round trip dodging Sunday drivers (I hate driving on Sundays, it brings all the drunk and partially-sighted onto the roads, the sort that do a constant 45mph whether the limit is 30 or 60)
Hard work sometimes pays off in the end, but laziness ALWAYS pays off NOW.

« Reply #21988 on: 29 April, 2018, 10:17:23 am »

Send him a CDC over Bluetooth.

I'll store that one for next time.   :D

« Reply #21989 on: 29 April, 2018, 03:03:56 pm »
Warming up after ride in cold northerly wind.
Get a bicycle. You will never regret it, if you live- Mark Twain

« Reply #21990 on: 29 April, 2018, 03:25:06 pm »
Just about to start loading the car to take stuffs to the caravan.
First time we will have been there since October. Hope it's survived OK.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #21991 on: 30 April, 2018, 04:31:33 pm »
Watching Mrs B flying home on Flightradar.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #21992 on: 03 May, 2018, 06:00:14 am »
Being awake...

It has reached that part of my 12 week cycle whereby I am zombied at 9PM, but wide awake at 05:00...

Doesn't bode well for the next few days, I think a lot of caffeine will be needed!
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #21993 on: 03 May, 2018, 10:49:11 am »
considering whether or not to run screaming from the room due to the increasingly challenging GDPR deliveries and the total lack of buy in by certain parts of the organisation!
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

ian

« Reply #21994 on: 03 May, 2018, 11:10:25 pm »
Sitting outside in 30 degree plus warmth with an ice-cold post-work all-expenses-paid brewski. Life is hard. I do still have a blocked nose.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21995 on: 04 May, 2018, 08:35:11 am »
Trying to decide whether to go for a ride (15°C, wind 20 kph gusting 45) or go to doc (knackered from sleep loss due to pain of gastritis/oesophagitis).

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #21996 on: 04 May, 2018, 09:55:14 am »
Sitting on a stationary train waiting for it to leave Ipswich station, bound for Peterborough then Leeds.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #21997 on: 04 May, 2018, 10:40:12 am »
Wondering whether Yodel will deliver my Shiny Thing before I have to leave for Fort Larrington.

Edit: yes.  Yes, they did.  Thank you, Mr Cheery Welshman  :thumbsup:
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #21998 on: 04 May, 2018, 11:24:59 am »
Enjoying the garden, and the weather whilst watching TdY on the laptop.
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #21999 on: 04 May, 2018, 03:23:36 pm »
Sitting on a bench at Liverpool Lime St, waiting for the train to London so I can get a train to Portsmouth & ferry to France.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark