Author Topic: Leg shaving  (Read 4714 times)

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
Re: Leg shaving
« Reply #25 on: 27 April, 2018, 02:27:21 pm »
Advice on how to do it: a women's razor makes for a better shave.  I got this from a laydee whose boyfriend had been converted to the delights of the sisterhood's shave, and it's been a revelatory experience.

Really? I gave up on women's razors long ago, they are more expensive, and less good. I use a men's mach 3, works well for legs, & arm pits.

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

« Reply #26 on: 27 April, 2018, 05:56:12 pm »
Advice on how to do it: a women's razor makes for a better shave.  I got this from a laydee whose boyfriend had been converted to the delights of the sisterhood's shave, and it's been a revelatory experience.

Really? I gave up on women's razors long ago, they are more expensive, and less good. I use a men's mach 3, works well for legs, & arm pits.

J

Indeed all the ladies of this household use men's razors (except that there is now investment in waxing technology as I understand it.
Not my business provided they warn me before pinching the last of my razors).

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #27 on: 27 April, 2018, 07:06:27 pm »
Well, I just did the first defoliation of the season with my Mach 3 and I think I'll stick to the trans-shaving from now on.  The larger area helps.  Admittedly, keeping it short is much easier than getting it short in the first place.

Pedal Castro

• so talented I can run with scissors - ouch!
    • Two beers or not two beers...
« Reply #28 on: 28 April, 2018, 07:17:27 am »

J

I tried pink razors last year too but after one effort went back to my black/silver weapon.

ElyDave

• Royal and Ancient Polar Bear Society member 263583
« Reply #29 on: 28 April, 2018, 08:21:51 am »
beard trimmer set to the lowest setting and then with the guard off,

a very short stubble is advised if you are intending to tape your legs with that funky KT tape.
“Procrastination is the thief of time, collar him.” –Charles Dickens

« Reply #30 on: 28 April, 2018, 11:19:25 pm »
An adjustable double edge razor set to "maximum" will remove body hair completely in a single pass with no clogging of the blade. 
I can recommend the merkur futur, truly a thing of beauty and functionality :thumbsup:

Most of the stuff I say is true because I saw it in a dream and I don't have the presence of mind to make up lies when I'm asleep.   Bryan Andreas

« Reply #31 on: 07 May, 2018, 05:30:43 pm »

J

Wow, that’s fast!

Afraid I don’t even shave my chin, never mind my legs. Perhaps I should try sometime, but not sure how it would go down at the start of a cell race for grizzled old b*ggers

Samuel D

« Reply #32 on: 07 May, 2018, 05:54:16 pm »
More autocorrect gibberish? At least I can’t understand it (or many posts these days).

Meanwhile, I shaved my legs this morning. Looks and feels fun! Let’s hope the dazzling whiteness will diminish.

« Reply #33 on: 07 May, 2018, 11:44:35 pm »
More autocorrect gibberish? At least I can’t understand it (or many posts these days).

Meanwhile, I shaved my legs this morning. Looks and feels fun! Let’s hope the dazzling whiteness will diminish.

Fell race!

Samuel D

« Reply #34 on: 08 May, 2018, 07:32:53 am »
Ah! Maybe others would have figured that out.

True. Shaved legs may be hard to explain to some crowds. Even the odd family member may not approve.

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #35 on: 08 May, 2018, 10:42:06 am »
Yebbut they're odd.