Author Topic: Audax Ti Frame; Van Nicholas v Enigma v Sabbath v Linskey  (Read 43626 times)

Re: Audax Ti Frame; Van Nicholas v Enigma v Sabbath v Linskey
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2014, 08:11:18 pm »
I've lusted after a Ti frame for the last couple of years but have talked to fellow riders on recent audaxes and had some mixed responses about failed welds and mis-alligned frames (on Enigmas and Van Nich). They still look beautiful though and even went into Condor the other week to see if they had any discounted 2009 frames (fat chance).  Like the sucker I am I ended up buying a new dogs b's carbon thing!  Has anyone else had problems with failed welds on Ti frames?

Yes failed welds x 2 --Van Nic Yukon, first BB weld, not too alarming, just now headtube crack around weld--very alarming if it had failed before I spotted it  ::-) ::-) Great shame as a lovely bike to ride but now seriously concerned about dependability of a replacement
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

3peaker

• RRTY Mad 26-up! Still going
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2014, 11:11:32 am »
Following the demise of my Van Nicholas Yukon frame, I've replaced it with a Lynskey Sportive and built up with the parts from the Yukon. I've written a review here http://www.twoberries.com/?p=93
Hi Maverick

I have just bought a Lynskey Sportif/Audax frame (yet to arrive) and would love to read your report. Would not link when I tried. Could you PM it to me.

If you remember, we met in Hay on the Offas Dyke 600 a couple years back

Thanks

Steve
SteveP

Promoting : Cheltenham Flyer 200, Cider with Rosie 150, Character Coln 100 17 Mar 18, Gospel Pass 200, YatMon150 (Imp 100), Hoarwithy 100, 9 Jun 18.

« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2015, 07:52:20 pm »
Have an Enigma Etape and agree with comments above re: clearance; have 23mm tyres and when the Shire is a bit muddy find that mud build up under front mudguard necessitates stop for removal of front wheel for a spot of de-skanking - other than that wish had discovered Ti a long time ago and would heartily recommend Enigma.
Old fat and slow

« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2015, 09:24:25 pm »
I'm still very happy with my 2002 Omega, but I hear that Mark has left Enigma, which is worrying in a couple of ways. I am currently waiting for a Qoroz fixed frame to arrive.