Author Topic: Lynskey Sportive  (Read 2032 times)

clifftaylor

• Max - "make mine a Beophar Hairball Paste please"
Lynskey Sportive
« on: October 16, 2014, 04:53:52 pm »
Fucking epic, no really. And that's before I try it with the Excellight 28 / 32s which arrived from DCR wheels this morning.

Re: Lynskey Sportive
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 12:02:23 pm »
I've had mine about 3 years now and I'm very pleased with it, good finish and rides very well, comfy but also responsive, even with a Carradice Audax bag and rack attached.

She's done everything from the Devil Mountain Double to the Flatands 600k without a problem. An excellent purchase, although I did build mine myself with custom parts, so I can't comment on a standard build.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 04:40:07 pm »
I have one of these, although I haven't built it up yet  :)
Eddington Number 75

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 08:08:43 pm »

Not a Sportive but I`ve got the R230 Lynskey which has same angles IIRC but less mudguard ability and it`s an amazing bike to ride, fast , super comfy and at a squeeze get PDW guards in with 23 mm---so Sportive will no doubt be really a do it all super bike when you build it up  :thumbsup:
....after the `tarte de pommes`, and  fortified by a couple of shots of limoncellos,  I flew up the Col de Bavella whilst thunderstorms rolled around the peaks above

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 09:44:17 am »

Not a Sportive but I`ve got the R230 Lynskey which has same angles IIRC but less mudguard ability and it`s an amazing bike to ride, fast , super comfy and at a squeeze get PDW guards in with 23 mm---so Sportive will no doubt be really a do it all super bike when you build it up  :thumbsup:
Well I have now built mine up, well that was about a month ago now and I have done around 500 miles, wow what a bike it will take 28's and mudguards as I have a  disc brake frame and there is loads of clearance. It is so comfy but fast perfect for the long rides, I went with TRP HY/RD brakes and they are great, I put a 11spd 105 groupset off my old bike onalong with some Fulcrum wheels (I plan on getting something a little lighter at a later date) I won some Schwalbe tyres from a competition on twitter so put them on they are 25c so there is acres of clearance. Very highly recommended.  :thumbsup:
Eddington Number 75

Dave_C

• Trying to get rid of my belly... and failing!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 02:21:12 pm »
I guess everyone went off and googled this as Chain Reaction Cycles recons this is HOT as 50 people are looking at this right now!! ;o)
@DaveCrampton < wot a twit.
http://veloviewer.com/athlete/421683/