Author Topic: The FNRtSR Residential.... Whitby 2013!  (Read 36345 times)

CrinklyLion

• The one with devious, cake-pushing ways....
Re: The FNRtSR Residential.... Whitby 2013!
« Reply #200 on: 03 November, 2013, 09:46:37 pm »
and after a slightly confusing exchange (no doubt someone from Base Camp will provide the details later)

Slightly confusing? 

Take one CrinklyUncle who has been at work all day then riding his bike all night, and get him to phone a CrinklyLion who is sleeping the codeine-induced sleep of the tennis-elbowed-who-have-barakta-nearby-with-good-painkillers.  Add in a need to understand Geography (there's a reason I pedal and follow, y'know) and my lack of a car/driving license/any ability to drive meaning that I had to get one of the drivers in the house to wake up in order to turn into International Rescue... quite discombobulated, I was.

And we'd been _really_ sensible this year and not stayed up nattering til 2am so that we'd be chipper and cheerful when we met you at the cafe and everything!

I initially tried Arch and HerFWMHTBAB's door as I know that HerFWMHTBAB is a light sleeper and a bit of a night owl, but got no answer.  Woke up CrinklyAuntie who (I can confidently say, as her big sister) has _never_ been very good at being unexpectedly woken up and has been known to have entire conversations with her eyes open but punctuated by little snores light ladylike night breathing moments.  A combination of her not actually being awake and me being in a complete codeine haze and CU being on the other end of a phone made it an interesting planning meeting.  But she got up and dressed and booted and suited and went to get the car out.  Which is when we discovered this...

There's a reason for those markings

There was absolutely no way we could get the car out :(

Back into the house, and CA rang CU to explain.  We tried to work out if she could go and get Nikki's car from the car park, since we had the keys, but the lack of insurance made that a non-starter.  I tried knocking on the other door again, and actually ended up opening it and sticking my head round!  Fortunately Arch and HerFWHTBAB woke up, understood what was going on far better than I had on the first run though, and were good to go in a matter of minutes.  CA had some chocolate while I composed a little note (which I left on the table to deliberate whether or not to affix it to the offending vehicle) then attempted to go back to bed and I waited for International Rescue and the rescuee to return.  They thought my little missive was remarkably mild under the circumstances, and a little ingenuity in the weather-proofing turned it into possible the most middle class passive aggressive note ever, as we recycled the packaging from the smoked salmon that had been eaten for supper.  This had the added bonus of making it smell of fish.

Massive hurrah indeed for Arch and HerFWMHTBAB - but also for CA whose honorary International Rescue Membership can be in no doubt, since it was only due to an inconsiderate driver who parked like a fud that my waking her up ended up being for nowt :(

Karla

• car(e) free
    • Lost Byway - around the world by bike
« Reply #201 on: 03 November, 2013, 09:58:51 pm »
Pfft. It already has a name, it's written on the frame. It is a big thing, though, isn't it?

Dr B, have you ever done this ride? I don't remember you making it farther than Stamford Bridge.

No I've never made it further than Stamford Bridge.  What route did CrinklyUncle take you there, was it over Warthill Bump?

« Reply #202 on: 03 November, 2013, 10:06:44 pm »
and after a slightly confusing exchange (no doubt someone from Base Camp will provide the details later)

Slightly confusing? 

Take one CrinklyUncle who has been at work all day then riding his bike all night, and get him to phone a CrinklyLion who is sleeping the codeine-induced sleep of the tennis-elbowed-who-have-barakta-nearby-with-good-painkillers.  Add in a need to understand Geography (there's a reason I pedal and follow, y'know) and my lack of a car/driving license/any ability to drive meaning that I had to get one of the drivers in the house to wake up in order to turn into International Rescue... quite discombobulated, I was.

And we'd been _really_ sensible this year and not stayed up nattering til 2am so that we'd be chipper and cheerful when we met you at the cafe and everything!

I initially tried Arch and HerFWMHTBAB's door as I know that HerFWMHTBAB is a light sleeper and a bit of a night owl, but got no answer.  Woke up CrinklyAuntie who (I can confidently say, as her big sister) has _never_ been very good at being unexpectedly woken up and has been known to have entire conversations with her eyes open but punctuated by little snores light ladylike night breathing moments.  A combination of her not actually being awake and me being in a complete codeine haze and CU being on the other end of a phone made it an interesting planning meeting.  But she got up and dressed and booted and suited and went to get the car out.  Which is when we discovered this...

There's a reason for those markings

There was absolutely no way we could get the car out :(

Back into the house, and CA rang CU to explain.  We tried to work out if she could go and get Nikki's car from the car park, since we had the keys, but the lack of insurance made that a non-starter.  I tried knocking on the other door again, and actually ended up opening it and sticking my head round!  Fortunately Arch and HerFWHTBAB woke up, understood what was going on far better than I had on the first run though, and were good to go in a matter of minutes.  CA had some chocolate while I composed a little note (which I left on the table to deliberate whether or not to affix it to the offending vehicle) then attempted to go back to bed and I waited for International Rescue and the rescuee to return.  They thought my little missive was remarkably mild under the circumstances, and a little ingenuity in the weather-proofing turned it into possible the most middle class passive aggressive note ever, as we recycled the packaging from the smoked salmon that had been eaten for supper.  This had the added bonus of making it smell of fish.

Massive hurrah indeed for Arch and HerFWMHTBAB - but also for CA whose honorary International Rescue Membership can be in no doubt, since it was only due to an inconsiderate driver who parked like a fud that my waking her up ended up being for nowt :(

Apart from all of that, I was quite confused by the idea of Crinkly Auntie coming to collect Kim, as I didn't know how the trike was going to fit in her car. I was quite relieved when I saw MFWHTBAB's larger car approaching.

But it's a folding trike, and that's just awesome.

I was a bit crap with phones - I had noticed that the battery on my iPhone was performing poorly, but I completely forgot to swap the sim into my basic but reliable phone, hence comms were a bit crap.

So it fell to CU to make the call, and he managed to summarise the issue quite concisely with his opening line:

"We have a problem with Kim."

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #203 on: 03 November, 2013, 10:24:33 pm »
Apart from all of that, I was quite confused by the idea of Crinkly Auntie coming to collect Kim, as I didn't know how the trike was going to fit in her car. I was quite relieved when I saw MFWHTBAB's larger car approaching.

But it's a folding trike, and that's just awesome.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WDyD2-xcoYM&rel=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/WDyD2-xcoYM&rel=1</a>

Makes it easier to fit in most smaller cars than a regular bicycle.  Further smallification can be achieved if you get a spanner out to collapse the boom and remove the front wheels (there's a kit of additional QRs for this as an optional extra, but barakta can't work QRs so we didn't bother).

As a helpful side-effect, the independently adjustable handlebars mean it can be adjusted to fit barakta's unequal-length arms without any special modifications.

"We have a problem with Kim."

:-[

« Reply #204 on: 03 November, 2013, 10:43:04 pm »
Just to be clear, Kim, I was just amused by the expression, as it wasn't overly disruptive to the ride that you had to pack (I had a conversation with eesypeesy later on about it being deliberately short to allow flexibility for stuff and cold and so on - last year I had to manufacture stops so that we didn't arrive in Whitby before anything was open). Setting off is sometimes the best way, as the atmosphere and the company and the push to finish can make all the crap vanish. Then, packing was the right choice.

If my phone had been working, by the way, my opening line would have been "Whitby, we have a problem."

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #205 on: 03 November, 2013, 10:50:37 pm »
It was still rather irresponsible of me to try to Rule 5 my way through known lurgy like that though.  At the very least I should have gone and done a quick 40k on Thursday to see how I felt.   :facepalm:

Ah well, three cheers to MFWHTBAB for the rescue, and to the ride being otherwise incident-free (other than that whole police thing).

And yes, I was amused by the expression.  At least with the benefit of hindsight.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #206 on: 03 November, 2013, 10:53:41 pm »
Reet... pics.  For some reason mine seem to be almost entirely comprised of food or people eating, and mostly in the "cottage" kitchen :D

The Friday Feast for the advance party

EldestCub's homemade gothic purple coleslaw

Veggie breakfast at Arbut's

Which will win - the iphone, or the lure of an Arbut's 'midi'?

Brio!  But I'm sure the layout didn't look like _that_ when I went to bed...

Saturday Chish and Fip tea...

...with a cosy romantic table for two in the corner!

Apple crumble for pud.  Apples donated by Nikki's neighbour in Brum, and made to the official school recipe by the EldestCub and I.

Hot seating at the dinner table...

...with Phanta choosing the hottest seat of all!

Not quite enough pudding bowls to go round so andrewc won a pyrex dish

CU got a pudding basin

And I got a teacup!

Breakfast, with Goth-unfriendly sunshine.  It only took about 2 hours to get the oven up to speed and the sossidges (5 sorts) cooked this year!

Phanta is not a woman to be defeated by a piffling detail like the toaster not playing.

« Reply #207 on: 04 November, 2013, 12:05:36 am »
Well that was a fun filled weekend !

Skilfully avoiding an after hours job by kicking it upstairs to management & running out of the door, I demolished a bowl of lasagne & got the train to York.

Arriving at the station I could only see normal looking people in the front of the York Tap, and it wasn't until I went through to the back that I found Deano.   

Bike secured to rails at the back I grabbed a pint of something dark & alcoholic and we waited until Phanta & eeymso turned up.    Beers were finished & we went in
search of Kim & Nikki who were in the station entrance hall.

Nikki instantly won the "Halloween Lights" contest with her colour changing ghostie/Pacman ,

my Skullies & Bat shaped fairy lights were dazzled into insignificance

I'd programmed Deano's route into my GPS so was confused (it doesn't take much) when CrinklyUncle led us off in a totally different direction.

A fine twisty, turny, lane ride foliowed on deserted roads ,   the fog was dense & everything was coated with moisture.  The peloton became a string of red lights on a thread of mist shrouded tarmac….

About 6 miles before Malton it became apparent that Kim's slow progress wasn't due to the natural slugishness of the trike, she was lurgified & knackered. 

Phone calls were made, people were roused from slumber and a rescue ship dispatched from Whitby.

We proceeded at slower speed to Malton, there was a slightly surreal encounter with police, who wanted to know what we were doing, and who owned the bike with the flashy blue thing on it (Nikki)

Just before Pickering a car flashed it's lights at us & Arch and Alfred bundled Kim into a nice, warm car and swept her away, while the rest of us looked on enviously.

In true hard riding style a bus shelter in Pickering was commandeered for a rest stop, tea was brewed,  Phanta melted & scorched marshmallows, I looked in vain for an open loo..

We began the serious climbing part of the ride    up onto the moors and the fog cleared to reveal a wonderful night sky.   

Nikki & I were the slowest of the remaining riders and we wound our way past the arc lights at Fylingdales as the sky grew lighter.

A final regrouping and  we girded our loins, screwed our courage to the sticking point and hurtled down Blue Bank, in my case recording a slightly silly 42mph….

There were some final, cruel climbs on the road in to Whitby (was that ice on the road or oil ?) but we arrived at approx 7:30 for a large, greasy fry up in Arbuts, where the advance party were there to greet us.

After stuffing our faces we repaired to the "cottage" (if this was in London it would be worth the GDP of a small nation) and collapsed in the living room.   Phanta continued to indulge her marshmallow fetish..

I realised I might be a bit fragrant from my exertions when CrinklyLion chucked a towel at me and showed me to the bathroom…..

After bathing I crashed on a mattress for a while then descended to the living room to indulge in a spot of conversation (not my strong point) and cub wrestling
(at which I'm rather better)

The weather cleared and we went for an afternoon stroll, a group of odd people wearing strange clothing cutting our way through hordes of strange people wearing odd clothing…..

Up at the Abbey it was clear & windy, there appeared to be several Goth weddings in progress, with a host of fantastically costumed people posing for photos.

Some of our crew posed for photos as well.

We took a stroll though the weathered gravestones and then found a cafe.

The Cubs, bored with adult company hit the bottle…

Back at the cottage and there was some more wrestling...

Eventually a huge order of fish & chips was collected & eaten, a few beers were drunk and we headed off to bed.

Deano & I were sharing a garret, and apparently had some kind of snoring contest……

The next day dawned bright & sunny, though rather windy.

A heyuuuuge cooked breakfast was prepared by the very lovely & wonderful CrinklyLion , and eaten with great enthusiasm.   

Phanta outdid Heston Blumenthal with her experimental cooking and devised a new signature dish, Marshmallow Toasties !  No wonder she moved to Glasgow…..

Further creative uses for Marshmallows were found.

After assisting with the cleanup I left a bit before 1 and took the 21 mile Cinder Track  to Scarborough.   This was a really fun ride, though tougher  than I was expecting. There was quite a bit of slow up, and an equal amount of fast down, some of which with the low sun in my eyes I should have taken _much_ more slowly, but I was in a hurry….
Surface varied from good hardpack, to a few inches of mud to bits where your wheels were forced into channels, either side of a grass strip.  OK on 1.5" tyres.

I was booked on the 15:52 train and caught it with a minute to spare….

More pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewclark/sets/72157637278316255/
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

« Reply #208 on: 04 November, 2013, 01:24:22 am »
This is all tremendous stuff, thank you all!  Deano, "bite the horizon" - is that yours?  It's brilliant.

CrinklyLion

« Reply #209 on: 04 November, 2013, 07:32:47 am »
Other classic quotes of the weekend....

Kim's view on avocados...
Fruit that looks like igneous rock.  Just Wrong.

« Reply #210 on: 04 November, 2013, 10:08:11 am »
Other classic quotes of the weekend....

Kim's view on avocados...
Fruit that looks like dragon eggs.

FTFY

Sounds like an excellent ride and weekend. I'm almost regret missing it (although I was in no shape to have tackled this on Fri).
<i>Marmite slave</i>

« Reply #211 on: 04 November, 2013, 08:13:07 pm »
This is all tremendous stuff, thank you all!  Deano, "bite the horizon" - is that yours?  It's brilliant.

Thanks, Peter.

It is mine - a diary entry from somewhere between Ankara and Cappadocia.

« Reply #212 on: 04 November, 2013, 09:17:41 pm »
Well, another superb weekend, huge thanks to the Crinkly party for advance planning and logistics!

We decided against the Illuminated locos at the NRM, in favour of getting on our way and joining the party. The drive over was uneventful after the customary bottleneck where the A64 goes single lane just outside York. We arrived in good time to unload MFWHTBAB's unfeasible amount of tools, which he'd brought along due to coming straight over to York from a job in the morning. Them, and Tiddles the Brompton, who hadn't been ridden back from my work to the flat as usual due to copping out and paying for an hour in my local carpark instead of shuttling to and fro.

Once unloaded, we dropped the car off in the conveniently local FREE carpark at the top of the hill and walked back to imbibe tea while the jacket potatoes and pizzas cooked. Oh, and MFWHTBAB fixed all the lights that weren't working, due to loose switches and innappropriate fittings.

A studendous supper was produced from the fridge. When CL revealed the smoked salmon, I thought I'd lost MFWHTBAB's affections for good!

Determined not to repeat our mistake of last year - staying up enjoying conversation and suddenly realising it was 2am - we toddled off to bed and lights out just before midnight...

CL woke us with a terribly apologetic "Kim's in trouble" at, well, whenever it was. Mentally humming the Thunderbirds theme we managed to dress in the correct clothes, all the right way round, and set the SatNav for "back the way we came". MFWHTBAB had the foresight to fit the roof bars before we left, to avoid faffing later.

It was a glorious night ont' moors. So many stars. My god, it's full of stars.

Until Pickering, where it became full of fog. Fortunately it wasn't too far further before we spied oncoming Lasers of Deth, which were revealed, after mutual rapid three point turns, to be the advance party. Reassured that we were on the right road we three-pointed once more, and soon spotted more Lasers of Deth, one of them lower down, and surmounted by a characteristically bobbing-from-side-to-side headtorch. Miraculously, we met at the entrance to a long layby, which gave us plenty of space to operate Thunderbird Skoda. "Just take all the loose bits off" I said, and Kim did, followed by the seat, which confused me until she then flipped the back end over and we both remembered that the trike folds to go in the boot...

After we passeed through Pickering again, Kim said "Where's the fog gone!?!"

Dropping her off, we replaced the car in the convenient FREE carpark, walked back to the house, enjoyed CL's note, and constructed a weatherproof holder for it, before slipping it under the wiper. We also came up with a few entertaining things we could have done, involving gaffer tape (wrapping it round the car), or a mythical roll of yellow sticky tape (reinforcing the double yellows in an up-and-over fashion) or a packet of chips (to be left on the roof and wait for the seagulls to wake up). Tiddles the Brompton was now sharing his room with the Trice, and we think his mind might have been boggling at its wheel alignment.

After that, we got as much as an hour's sleep - well, actually I think I got 10 minutes eventually, and MFWHTBAB rested his eyes, but anyway - before it was time to be up-and-at-em for breakfast. Updates from the peleton meant we did have time to imbibe some caffeine before setting out for a very good fry up in the company of some proper gnarly trawlermen. No half dead Goths this year though.

The rest of the morning passed in horizontality for MFWHTBAB (and Kim, but not together!), and in near-horizontality-but-with-tea-and-marshmallows-and-Goth-spotting for me and most of the rest of the party. It was decided that mooching round Whitby would be a suitable occupation for the afternoon. MFWHTBAB and I set off to attempt the 199 steps, which was easier than we remembered, and at the top we waved vigorously to the house. We think we were spotted.

After a tea and very good cake at the cafe, we retraced the 199 steps and did a bit of mooching in Goth shops. We didn't buy any Goths though.

After a cracking episode of thunder and lightning, the fish and chip party went out and foraged, while MFWHTBAB fixed the wooden settle in the kitchen so that it didn't rock, using a G-cramp and a piece of driftwood. We were rewarded with a window seat, although most restaurant window seats come with tables...  Still, it meant we could legitimately ask for anything we wanted to be passed over, since we were coralled in by Cubs.

After dinner, and baths, I accepted a 'oh, just a small one, go on then' Highland Park from AndrewC. My reflexes were so dulled that I failed to say "Whoa!" in time, so I had to share it with MFWHTBAB. After that, sleep didn't so much beckon as beat me round the head.

Sunday brought another sumptuous breakfast, to which we all did justice, and then the Beach Party took themselves off out so that the Tidying Party could work uninterrupted. We majored in "digging canals up the beach", an occupation which is at least more exciting when the tide is coming in than when it's going out. We marooned various members of the party on islands of sand and rock before the cold and time and tide sent us back up to the seafront, where the Cubs were allowed candyfloss, and I bought MFWHTBAB a celebratory tub of whelks.

Then it was time to pack up, find I'd lost the scarf that was from the same set as the hat I lost two years ago (the gloves are worried now), and get everything into the correct respective cars. Tiddles the Brompton still unridden.

The drive back was fine, bar the usual bottleneck where the A64 goes single lane after Huttons Ambo. I'd left my work keys at work, so couldn't retrieve my bike. Tiddles the Brompton spent another night in the car. Unridden again. We walked home, laden with leftover groceries, and enjoyed dinner in bed (to keep warm!) of corn on the cob and smoked salmon on toast.

Today, although not part of the weekend, was notable for us actually getting our act together and Setting A Date at the register office, and then spending the afternoon pressing apples for the matrimonial cider. MFWHTBAB went home at 6ish. Tiddles still unridden....

CL had a rather good idea, to which we added a clause. Look out for details of the "FNRtSR Whitby Summer Weekend Ride incorporating Arch and MFWHTBAB's sort of honeymoon weekend" sometime after early June. :thumbsup:

If I had a baby elephant, it could help me wash the car. If I had a car.

See my recycled crafts at www.wastenotwantit.co.uk

« Reply #213 on: 04 November, 2013, 09:26:34 pm »
Got through my day of workshopping and have managed to stay awake at my lodgings for long enough to cane their wi-fi and upload lots of photos. You can get to the full set via this link: http://flickr.com/gp/nikki_pugh/AoUX9x/

Lovely to look through all the stuff we got up to - that was one seriously good weekend!
Thanks again, all.

My frights started early on Friday when I awoke to find this dragon staring at me:

One of the hazards of sleeping in a Cub's bed, I suppose...

Later that day, as I meandered my way back to York to rejoin the farmer fox chicken Kim, the train carriage I was in got decorated up around me. Top marks to the train operators for fab staff who were also friendly and helpful when we hit a few delays. Excellent atmosphere for that leg of the journey  :thumbsup:

What was later to be christened 'Trumps the Ghost' got its maiden voyage out over the North Yorks Moors:

Yet to have met Arch and HerFWHTBAB face-to-face until their rescue mission, first impressions were formed as I was instructed to turn my bike around and much squeals were to be heard :)

It does look good in the dark, doesn't it  ;D  :smug:
I'm well chuffed with how it turned out!

The ride over the moors was gawjus in the early throes of dawn and, before that, with a clear-as-anything sky full of stars and some gangs of owls.

I tried for a panorama shot as we reconvened before Blue Bank, but it really doesn't do it justice
(click to go to full size version)

Once at the cottage, I was seriously impressed with Phanta's sustained enthusiasm for a) marshmallows and b) Goth-spotting:

Turns out Deano's pretty darn good at rustling up a steampunk goth likeness in Play-Doh, too!

The weather on Saturday was somewhat changeable, with sunshine, showers, thunderstorms and everything in between:

We seized an opportunity to climb up the abbey, though, and were rewarded with some lovely late afternoon sunshine.

CrinklyUncle and SmallestCub had a bit of a Titanic moment:

And the rest of us enjoyed pootling with our cameras. This photo makes me giggle :)

Later that night, ghostly apparitions were to be seen in the streets of Whitby.

The following morning, a few sausages were spotted:

The gap between sausage sorting and sausage nomming was big enough for EldestCub to show me the beach and whale bits. This involved braving some knee-high sandstorms and a certain amount of rock-climbing.

All good for building up an appetite, and the breakfast catering was certainly up to the job!

A toast course was achieved though the dedication of Phanta and CrinklyAuntie. Respect.

I later had the pleasure of returning to the sands as part of Team Beach. It's a tough job, but...

Here's MFWHTBAB sizing up a rockface for what I can only assume will be a small carving project:

Meanwhile kites and spades had been deployed over at the water's edge:

When SmallestCub's island got submerged, we retreated onto a convenient rock and Arch and HerFWHTBAB set about digging with a gusto that was great to watch  :)

SmallestCub had an escape plan, but he sure wasn't going to tell us what it was.

EldestCub made it to safety, but history does not record what happened to CrinklyUncle.

« Reply #214 on: 04 November, 2013, 10:07:21 pm »
Cracking photos, Nikki - I'd forgotten my cowboy goth.

A quick few photos from me. I still have the Gothcam footage to go through..

Double rainbow over the East Cliff

The second rainbow and the mouth of the Esk

A packed St Mary's Churchyard - no wonder, andrewc's managed to get in there twice...

The abbey

The harbour

« Reply #215 on: 04 November, 2013, 10:24:05 pm »
That B&W gravestone pic is great!

shyumu

• Paying my TV license by cheque since 1993
    • Balancing on Two Wheels
« Reply #216 on: 04 November, 2013, 10:36:49 pm »
I is well jell.

The stories, the lights, the tat, the heroics, "Whitby we have a problem" / "We have a problem" with Kim", fog, fog, more fog.

So will you be doing this in 2014? I'll quit my job to join you.
a journal of bicycle rides I have enjoyed:

http://balancingontwowheels.blogspot.co.uk/

CrinklyLion

« Reply #217 on: 04 November, 2013, 10:55:44 pm »
I took the keys back this morning.

And provisionally booked the "cottage" once we know the dates, and subject to availibility...

« Reply #218 on: 04 November, 2013, 11:04:29 pm »
Friday 31st 2014. I checked on the train. It's actually on Hallowe'en next year.

And congratulations once again to MFWHTBAB and Arch - if you're looking for a themed weekend, the Whitby Regatta is in early August, though I imagine that attracts a very different crowd.

« Reply #219 on: 04 November, 2013, 11:05:43 pm »
And provisionally booked the "cottage" once we know the dates, and subject to availibility...

:thumbsup:

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #220 on: 04 November, 2013, 11:28:11 pm »

Awesome! :)

« Reply #221 on: 04 November, 2013, 11:30:07 pm »
It was indeed a fine weekend of cycling and cottaging. Hugh thanks to Crinklylion for arranging the house once again, and for organising things like food and bedding (I'd have had to leave the marshmallows behind if I'd had to bring a sleeping bag!). And of course the rescue party in the house.

Thanks to everyone else on the ride, too - I was pleased to see a good array of tat on display, though Trumps the Ghost can hardly be called tat. But next year there must be costumes! Start preparing now...

CrinklyLion

« Reply #222 on: 04 November, 2013, 11:41:14 pm »
Friday 31st 2014. I checked on the train. It's actually on Hallowe'en next year.

Hmm.... end of half term again  :thumbsup:
Calendar says no Cubs.  Negotiations could be tricky for that....

« Reply #223 on: 04 November, 2013, 11:43:33 pm »
I think we need a thread for the 2014 edition!

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #224 on: 04 November, 2013, 11:59:52 pm »
I'd have had to leave the marshmallows behind if I'd had to bring a sleeping bag!

You could just hollow out one of those marshmallows and use it as a sleeping bag...