Author Topic: Coasts and Quantocks Exeter 200 Sunday 4/3  (Read 4225 times)

Re: Coasts and Quantocks Exeter 200 Sunday 4/3
« Reply #25 on: 05 March, 2012, 07:37:08 pm »
I concur another fantastic Exeter Wheelers event  with many stories and tales of old. Amazed at the amount of carbon fibre and some guy on Corima carbon wheels and tubular tyres! Despite the horrible starting weather the day turned out just fine thanks to the great company of Avalon Man ;@)................the only disaapointment was not having the company of Pete Luxton at the penultimate control. Thats my 350km weekend of riding done what will this week bring..................
Purely ride fixed

richie

• Just sleeping...
« Reply #26 on: 06 March, 2012, 11:18:30 am »
Well despite some no shows it was quite a good day, if you ignore the wet first two hours.

In fact the road up to Wheddon Cross in the sun with that river always there snarling from the rain, was MAGIC.

The Blue Anchor bit onwards was bathed in sunshine and the climb up the dead woman's thing was perfect.

What a great ride !!!

I normally hate the run up to Wheddon as it always seems an interminable flog that goes on forever.  I did find it completely different on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed it.   I was expected a miserable experience pedalling into heavy wind and rain - the wind seemed to have a mind of its own though and even helped on some bits. I even got some sunshine. (and hail, but that's to be expected in Exmoor in March)

On another note Dead Womans Ditch did actually contain a dead woman once.  Many moons ago.  Probably keeled over after pedalling up that damn hill.
Sheep we're off again.

MLB

« Reply #27 on: 06 March, 2012, 07:33:12 pm »
id love to know how the guy on the carbon rimmed Corimas managed to stop on some of those hills...As usual great ride Pippa and co although wind organistion not quite as good as last year??!!.Never ever ride the first 65k with an italian triathlete who has never done an audax before..lunatic was sprinting the hills...happy days. Great to chat to bikey mikey at end..quite a story..respect due.

« Reply #28 on: 06 March, 2012, 08:21:37 pm »
Great to chat to bikey mikey ..quite a story..respect due.
+1  :thumbsup:
Behold the turtle - he only makes progress if he sticks his neck out.

« Reply #29 on: 06 March, 2012, 08:50:01 pm »
...Never ever ride the first 65k with an italian triathlete who has never done an audax before..lunatic was sprinting the hills...

And then leave him for dead to finish an hour or two (or was it three?) ahead of him. You've only yourself to blame, old chap.

vorsprung

• Opposites Attract
    • Audaxing
« Reply #30 on: 07 March, 2012, 01:33:16 pm »

« Reply #31 on: 08 March, 2012, 10:10:06 am »
Jamie Dodger I get blamed for everything these days! Good to keep you company see you on a ride soon
Purely ride fixed