Author Topic: Vale of Belvoir 200 - New Event  (Read 9054 times)

PH

Re: Vale of Belvoir 200 - New Event
« Reply #50 on: 11 March, 2013, 09:17:21 pm »
That was chilly.  I ECE'd the shorter event to make it a 200 from home.  Pushed down to Lichfield by the wind.  Excellent route to Stonehurst, it's somewhere I visit quite often, but approaching from a different direction made a nice change.  I was in and out of a couple of groups without finding a pace that suited, played leapfrog with three guys on road bikes, riding a lot faster than me and navigating slower.  Punctured a few miles before the control, which seemed to take ages to sort, long enough for the rest of the field to pass,  I struggled with the stupid little tyre levers off the multi tool, I have no idea why I always have decent ones in the tool bag, low sugar and cold maybe.  A quick turn around at Stonehurst in the hope of making some time up, that was probably a mistake, I may have speeded up with a better rest and some hot food.  The rest of the ride was against the clock, the favorable wind back to Lichfield was a help.  But it wasn't very helpful on the extended route home, Abbots Bromley, Burton, Derby.  The last couple of hours daylight were quite bright and pleasant, followed by a couple of hours in the cold dark.  Home pretty much on the time limit, I'm not sure yet whether a few minutes under or over,  I'd normally be disappointed by that, with the weather and the extra 30km ridden I'm satisfied.  I'm not sure why I enjoyed it, but I did.  Thanks Jethro and team.

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
  • Yes, I am completely mad ! a.k.a. 333
« Reply #51 on: 12 March, 2013, 12:02:16 am »
That was chilly.  I ECE'd the shorter event to make it a 200 from home.  Pushed down to Lichfield by the wind.  Excellent route to Stonehurst, it's somewhere I visit quite often, but approaching from a different direction made a nice change.  I was in and out of a couple of groups without finding a pace that suited, played leapfrog with three guys on road bikes, riding a lot faster than me and navigating slower.  Punctured a few miles before the control, which seemed to take ages to sort, long enough for the rest of the field to pass,  I struggled with the stupid little tyre levers off the multi tool, I have no idea why I always have decent ones in the tool bag, low sugar and cold maybe.  A quick turn around at Stonehurst in the hope of making some time up, that was probably a mistake, I may have speeded up with a better rest and some hot food.  The rest of the ride was against the clock, the favorable wind back to Lichfield was a help.  But it wasn't very helpful on the extended route home, Abbots Bromley, Burton, Derby.  The last couple of hours daylight were quite bright and pleasant, followed by a couple of hours in the cold dark.  Home pretty much on the time limit, I'm not sure yet whether a few minutes under or over,  I'd normally be disappointed by that, with the weather and the extra 30km ridden I'm satisfied.  I'm not sure why I enjoyed it, but I did.  Thanks Jethro and team.

The event listing is showing under my records and there IS a P....H.... showing as completed in time !!  :)
I’ve decided I’m not old. I’m 25 .....plus shipping and handling.

Cycling heatmap
https://www.strava.com/athletes/4628735/heatmaps/6ed5ab12#10/51.12782/-3.16388

PH

« Reply #52 on: 12 March, 2013, 09:18:14 pm »

The event listing is showing under my records and there IS a P....H.... showing as completed in time !!  :)

Yay! Thanks for that, and Martin sent an email letting me know the ECE was OK.  I know not the biggest of achievements for many on here but I'm well chuffed.

« Reply #53 on: 12 March, 2013, 09:21:36 pm »
I wouldn't get too excited PH.
I'm listed too, and I was a DNS...

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
« Reply #54 on: 13 March, 2013, 12:09:02 am »
I'm listed too, and I was a DNS...

I wondered about that Linds, after your post saying you weren't going to start - didn't see you, and thought you might have had a late change of heart and started after us....

Cycling heatmap

« Reply #55 on: 13 March, 2013, 08:32:28 am »
Nope, the audax MIB are pretty efficient but I remember taking flours to me mam.
There's even photographic evidence:
https://twitter.com/TJOAinIngram/status/310746040921890816/photo/1

bikey-mikey

• AUK 6372
« Reply #56 on: 13 March, 2013, 10:36:48 am »
 ;D ;D ;D

Cycling heatmap

« Reply #57 on: 14 March, 2013, 09:00:19 am »
Ooo.  I seem to be listed as having ridden the event.
Organiser of Droitwich Cycling Club audaxes.  https://www.droitwichcyclingclub.co.uk/audax/

« Reply #58 on: 14 March, 2013, 10:18:45 am »
Yes.

Everyone that entered has been credited with starting and finishing although it is all provisional and will no doubt be corrected in due course.

As Im a first year organiser I could not 'self validate' after the event/s so have sent all completed brevet cards to the validation team (Keith Harrison) together with all requested paperwork.

I think we will see a big change in the results soon!

« Reply #59 on: 14 March, 2013, 10:45:46 am »
Sorry Steve, I should have contacted you the following morning to go through this part of the event with you.

From what I've heard, you did a good job on the day, from my perspective, you also did a very good job in the pre-event department.

I have PMed you.
where you have a concentration of power in a few hands, all too frequently men with the mentality of gangsters get control. History has proven that. Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.