Author Topic: All this talk of trikes...  (Read 1547 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
All this talk of trikes...
« on: 11 April, 2011, 10:02:20 am »
All this talk of new trikes is giving me third wheel envy. I obv. need to get out on the Gh to relive the good times, but three wheels is looking ever so appealing. Mind ewe, I think the purchase of a Windcheater would probably come complete with a divorce, and I'm not after one of those.  :hand:
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Re: All this talk of trikes...
« Reply #1 on: 11 April, 2011, 12:07:32 pm »
Go and see Kevin at D-tek, he does a good line in ICE trikes (IMHO nicer than a WC) and tell the CO (wife) you will get her one as well, worked for me  ;D
The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser men so full of doubt.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #2 on: 11 April, 2011, 12:57:15 pm »
This might be borderline herecy, but having had a good play with various trikes, some of which were undoubtedly as fine an example of their species as you're likely to get, I can't help feeling that three wheels just don't do it for me.  Shocking, I know.

But absolutely get thyself to D-Tek.  And get the wife on a nice, sane, ICE machine while you play with sillier things.  What could possibly go wrong?

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #3 on: 11 April, 2011, 01:41:40 pm »

But absolutely get thyself to D-Tek.  And get the wife on a nice, sane, ICE machine while you play with sillier things.  What could possibly go wrong?

Erm, she could like riding a trike, so that would be a double whamy on the wallet  :o

And then, she'd want to go riding with me. Where would I get my peace if she came riding with me  :facepalm: :D
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #4 on: 11 April, 2011, 03:14:10 pm »
This might be borderline herecy, but having had a good play with various trikes, some of which were undoubtedly as fine an example of their species as you're likely to get, I can't help feeling that three wheels just don't do it for me.  Shocking, I know...

How many more wheels do you need?

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #5 on: 11 April, 2011, 07:00:49 pm »
I can't help feeling that three wheels just don't do it for me.  Shocking, I know...

How many more wheels do you need?

I'm not Regulator!

Wothill

• over the hills and far away
« Reply #6 on: 12 April, 2011, 10:04:24 am »
This might be borderline herecy, but having had a good play with various trikes, some of which were undoubtedly as fine an example of their species as you're likely to get, I can't help feeling that three wheels just don't do it for me.  Shocking, I know.

I have a similar view of trikes: nothing against them, I just don't think I would want one. As recumbents, bikes and trikes have a lot in common but there is also as much of a difference as there is between upright trikes and bikes, I suppose. No, I am not proposing a scism!