Author Topic: Another 705 question from a numpty  (Read 1771 times)

Another 705 question from a numpty
« on: 10 November, 2010, 08:35:22 pm »
I bought a Garmin 705 and like several people here have found the instructions near to useless.

This will be a silly question but where am I going wrong with this device everytime I use this on my bike I can see the miles increasing but looking for splits on the history  ::-)

However when I select history (by day) I can only see  two dates one day showing a ride of 15 hours +  split into laps and another day for 22 hours + split into various laps.

Again I have been out today and nothing for today in the history (by day)

Thanks for any advice
D

Re: Another 705 question from a numpty
« Reply #1 on: 10 November, 2010, 09:46:57 pm »
This could be a very silly question from me but are you pressing the start and stop button? It will only start recording when you do.

Seineseeker

• Biting the cherry of existential delight
    • The Art of Pleisure
« Reply #2 on: 10 November, 2010, 09:51:15 pm »
And dont forget to hold down the lap button for 3 seconds to reset it each time.

« Reply #3 on: 11 November, 2010, 12:20:14 am »
This could be a very silly question from me but are you pressing the start and stop button? It will only start recording when you do.

Hi Jord

Yes I've been pressing the start/stop button and have it set on an "auto" start/stop function.

The lap suggestion by Seineseeker I will try

Thanks

Manotea

• Where there is doubt...
« Reply #4 on: 11 November, 2010, 01:10:55 am »
And dont forget to hold down the lap button for 3 seconds to reset it each time.

And pickup the dead fish*

*Reference to Ancient MUD game...

« Reply #5 on: 11 November, 2010, 01:38:37 am »
Are you connecting it to your computer with the USB cable? it needs to do this to 'save' the data to the internal memory so it can start recording new data. You should see a message on its screen as soon as you connect saying it is saving. The computer you connect it to doesn't even need to have any Garmin software on it for this to work in my experience. Just a thought.

« Reply #6 on: 11 November, 2010, 06:13:39 pm »
Doing the "3 second reset" push is almost the same as plugging it into a computer; that gives you a new data set in just the same way.