Author Topic: [LEL17] LEL Photos  (Read 14681 times)

Redlight

• Enjoying life in the slow lane
Re: LEL Photos
« Reply #50 on: 13 August, 2017, 10:23:53 pm »
Redlight damages the eyes of everyone nearby with his Adrian Hands jersey 8)

Er - and matching(ish) cap, I hope you noticed.

(Seriously, I was somewhat tongue-tied to meet Adrian's son at the start.  Sadly, he was away about an hour before me and I didn't get the chance to see him along the way.)
Why should anybody steal a watch when they can steal a bicycle?

« Reply #51 on: 13 August, 2017, 11:00:30 pm »
I donated one of my many pairs of earplugs to Ian Hands at Pocklington, well worth it for the quality of the badinage.

« Reply #52 on: 13 August, 2017, 11:35:40 pm »
I've finally finished my LEL photo's.

Fair to say you caught some of my many worst sides I think. Um, thank you (for some of the many pictures of *other* people!). 

LEL Photos
« Reply #53 on: 14 August, 2017, 11:41:09 am »
While I was helping Charlotte I took a few pictures when it was quieter. You can see them here

G. the one of John Jackson (Macc Wheeler) at the beginning sums it up - he looked worse than that at Eskdalemuir but he's hard as nails.  You've got a great eye for detail, not that you'd have much difficulty spotting that beautiful scrollwork.  I'm guessing that was before, rather than after.  Do you know what and whose the bike was?

Great stuff

Peter

By chance I saw John Jackson at a cafe in Congleton this Saturday just gone. I can confirm that he is still very knackered!

IanDG

• The p*** artist formerly known as 'Windy'
    • the_dandg_rouleur
« Reply #54 on: 15 August, 2017, 07:48:02 am »

Plodder

• More of a lurker than a poster!
« Reply #55 on: 15 August, 2017, 08:45:29 am »
My snaps from Brampton

https://www.flickr.com/gp/acf_windy/791216

Thanks for sharing those, especially the one showing the seat tube of the blue bike towards the bottom of the fourth page.  :o Glad that wasn't mine!
The Portsmouth Wednesday Night Pub Ride Group - "a drinking club with a cycling problem".

« Reply #56 on: 16 August, 2017, 01:08:09 pm »
My snaps from Brampton

https://www.flickr.com/gp/acf_windy/791216

Aha !
Evidence that we did indeed pass through southbound.. I seem to recall being offered the lounge to nap in rather than take up a table in the canteen as they were expecting a bulge. After assuring that we'd only be 5minutes we then manages to oversleep and wake up 20minutes later in a rather confused state.

« Reply #58 on: 20 August, 2017, 10:28:24 pm »
While I was helping Charlotte I took a few pictures when it was quieter. You can see them here

G. the one of John Jackson (Macc Wheeler) at the beginning sums it up - he looked worse than that at Eskdalemuir but he's hard as nails.  You've got a great eye for detail, not that you'd have much difficulty spotting that beautiful scrollwork.  I'm guessing that was before, rather than after.  Do you know what and whose the bike was?

Great stuff

Peter

By chance I saw John Jackson at a cafe in Congleton this Saturday just gone. I can confirm that he is still very knackered!
Peter
Thought I was OK at Eskdalemuir, just cool and dump
I was looking good ay Moffat

I was iooking tired in Hard Riders gallery :-
http://www.charlottebarnes.co.uk/lel2017hardriders/h9212AB28#h9212ab28

I was a lot better on Friday volunteering

TigaSefi  I had to stop for cake in the cafe near Congleton after a 15 mile ride the week after LEL

As well as riding I volunteered for 4 days

« Reply #59 on: 21 August, 2017, 09:06:46 am »

Just on the off chance....

Thirsk, Monday morning around daybreak we chose the table by the windows far right corner as you came in the door... and snaffled some blankets from the sleep area as we planned to have 20mins kip.
To my amazement Clare managed to curl up across the two fixed seats & I just put my head down. 20minutes later I surfaced to go find tea and there was a bit of kerfuffle/amusement from I think an American chap saying they'd just taken a photo of us as it looked so "sweet".

After the similarly demeantor photo of us doing similar at Edinburgh I keep wondering if this photo may surface.... so if it's yours or you've seen it please let me know :D

:thumbsup:

« Reply #60 on: 14 September, 2017, 09:45:43 am »
Here are my pictures:

Nice pictures and nice meeting you on the road!
Still have to do my write up of L-E-L '17.