Author Topic: tiddlyWiki alternatives  (Read 1366 times)

Beardy

• Shedist
tiddlyWiki alternatives
« on: 22 February, 2018, 10:29:01 am »
morning all,
I've been using TiddlyWiki to create and maintain a personal homepage on my work computer for a number of years. The main content of the page is links to the rest of my online life, grouped on the page to make my life easier. but the WYSIWYG interfaces are clunky and changing it in wiki edit is tiresome so I though it might be time for a change.

Does anyone use an alternative to tiddlywiki to manage hat is basically a favourites list as a webpage?

Thank you
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
Re: tiddlyWiki alternatives
« Reply #1 on: 22 February, 2018, 10:45:30 am »
Google Sites might be OK for what you need. If you already have a Google/Gmail account you can use that to sign in.
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #2 on: 22 February, 2018, 11:03:44 am »
Sorry, I should have said that it has to be self contained as we have BIG FEROCIOUS firewalls that don't play nicely with cloud solutions in general, and google in particular :) The sysadmins can be scary as will .
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #3 on: 24 February, 2018, 05:40:56 pm »
I have been looking at a self hosted wiki to keep track of notes, url etc. I haven't managed to get around to find one that I want to settle on. There is tones of self hosted wikis out there docuwiki, mediawiki etc etc. From simple wiki's that save everything in .txt files to big ones where you have many themes etc.

Since I know my way around wordpress I tend to come back to one of the wiki themes for wordpress.

Still looking ...

Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #4 on: 24 February, 2018, 05:51:09 pm »
I have been looking at a self hosted wiki to keep track of notes, url etc. I haven't managed to get around to find one that I want to settle on.

I'm using PmWiki for this, simply because it was the easiest to install at the time (a several of years ago), and my needs were so basic that I didn't really care for the complexity of MediaWiki or similar.  Not really a recommendation, but it works.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #5 on: 25 February, 2018, 12:15:00 am »
Self hosted Wiki. I didn’t know that that is what they were called. Thank you.