Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2451867 times)

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #21825 on: 09 December, 2017, 09:38:27 pm »
At least it's not a hen party?

ian

« Reply #21826 on: 09 December, 2017, 09:42:57 pm »
I got a half pint of Moet Chandon in the 'first class' section of the midnight Vicky-V to Brighton train the other evening (I put it in quotes because they only way you'd know it was first class is from the signs). A service best classed as lively, especially this time of year. This was mostly to annoy the bonkers lady who was railing against the privilege and the fact she should be in first class because she had cancer, you know. It's all a bit odd, as she had a seat in first class (the train was full.)

I didn't have a first class ticket, but I sit there anyway. I figure it's more an attitude. Mind you, who just happens to be carrying a couple of bottles of vintage champagne and plastic cups. That's prepared. And no she didn't get anyway. Oh, the look on her face as we swigged champagne. I got off at East Croydon, no idea if they moved on to cocktails and a ten course meal.

Oh and I got a glass of red vino from the chap next to me. Good stuff too. Maybe she had a point. After a night of cocktails and cabaret, knocking back all that additional booze in a twenty minute journey certainly put a sparkle in my eyes and tied my shoelaces together. Long night, asked my terminal taxi driver as I tried to construct intricate sentences from words and stuff.

Chris S

« Reply #21827 on: 09 December, 2017, 10:00:24 pm »
Oh FFS.  Now someone’s throwing up all over the carriage  :sick:

Wow - at only 8:45? Are you near Newcastle?

« Reply #21828 on: 09 December, 2017, 10:02:49 pm »
Enjoying day 2 of Norovirus.

Looking forward to when my farts stop gushing.

« Reply #21829 on: 09 December, 2017, 10:08:49 pm »
Oh FFS.  Now someone’s throwing up all over the carriage  :sick:

Wow - at only 8:45? Are you near Newcastle?

He got off at Wigan......

The Rangers fans got worse,  lots of "fenian bastards" & shouting.   This was just amongst themselves.....    Asian family in the seats next to me were looking nervous, one of the dickheads insisted on fist bumping their early teens daughter as he went passed, but nothing more than that, they were quite polite to the adults.   I lost them at Preston when we changed trains.
Not fast & rarely furious

tweeting occasional in(s)anities as andrewxclark

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21830 on: 10 December, 2017, 01:51:56 pm »
^^^ Reminds me of the bloke who drowsed a bit during the sermon and swore he heard the minister talking about how St. Paul took a pistol to the Fenians.

Anyhow, I have just come in from shovelling shsnow. It's the only time of year when I'm glad I sold off a chunk of land to a physiotherapist to build his gracless white torsionatorium on: it cut our frontage by 50% so I only had to shovel ~20 metres of thick and wet. Pavement's nicely salted now* and I didn't pop my back or have a heart attack, hoo fucking ray.

* yes, yes, environment etc but the council do it too. They expressly forbade wood ash and in any case myriad animals piss in the fields.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #21831 on: 12 December, 2017, 04:33:22 pm »
Recovering from moving half a ton of logs from the front where they were delivered this morning round the back and into neat stacks in the stables.  Just made it before it got dark.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

« Reply #21832 on: 19 December, 2017, 11:41:13 pm »
Feeling crap with the first lurgy of the season.  Irritating tickly cough, runny nose & feeling tired.  :(   Brandy is probably not the best medication, but its certainly the most pleasant....

« Reply #21833 on: 20 December, 2017, 07:47:58 pm »
Feeling crap with the first lurgy of the season.  Irritating tickly cough, runny nose & feeling tired.  :(   Brandy is probably not the best medication, but its certainly the most pleasant....

Phoned in sick & spent most of the day in bed having repetitive dreams about work stuff. I've had nothing to eat apart from a few mugs of tea with honey & lemon  :(

telstarbox

• Loving the lanes
« Reply #21834 on: 24 December, 2017, 05:37:26 pm »
Been instructed to go the pub by my other half while she finishes the wrapping - which suits me fine :)
2019 🏅 R1000 and B1000

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #21835 on: 25 December, 2017, 10:05:42 am »
Listening to the radio and drinking coffee. It’s good!
Milk please, no sugar.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21836 on: 25 December, 2017, 10:11:47 am »
Also drinking coffee - cheers, Ruthie! - after a stroll round the village. Streets deserted apart from the odd car every 5 minutes, since most folk here do the prezzies bit at midnight and then gorb until 3 am. We never did fancy that - did it once in the 70s, us going to French friends for their feast and then they coming to us for another spread at lunchtime. Not much fun, more a test of endurance.

Looking forward to lunch.

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #21837 on: 25 December, 2017, 11:23:17 am »
We were going to go for a short blast on the bikes this morning but sadly the westher forecast was a lie and it's raining. So I'm listening to a cat purring at Pingu and wondering when I can get away with lighting the fire....
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #21838 on: 25 December, 2017, 11:26:15 am »
I made breakfast for the boy, which he ate, then he asked to do presents tonight when I get home from work. He needed some more sleep. Happy with that, 6Music is on top form this morning, so I did some dancing in the kitchen with the headphones on. Excellent. I made some nibbles to take to work and it’ll be time to set off in a minute.
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #21839 on: 25 December, 2017, 02:28:01 pm »
Browsing after a lunch of croissant, cream cheese and smoked salmon. A couple of hours reading (weather is crap and getting worse) before starting the prep for the main meal of roast (breast and leg) of goose.
We are making a New World (Paul Nash, 1918)

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #21840 on: 25 December, 2017, 04:16:15 pm »
Digesting a significant proportion of the EU pigs-in-blankets mountain.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

Feanor

• It's mostly downhill from here.
« Reply #21841 on: 25 December, 2017, 04:33:30 pm »
I am surveying the many isotopes of pig which are almost ready...

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #21842 on: 25 December, 2017, 04:37:27 pm »
Cursing at a new Dremel chuck which seems to have missed lubrication at the factory and is seized into a solid lump. ICBA going over to the workshop for the penetrating oil.

« Reply #21843 on: 25 December, 2017, 04:46:38 pm »
Reverting to my childhood and hiding away with a book. That's what I did most Christmas afternoons once I could read.
In this case it's because MrsC has the telly on downstairs and I lack her ability to multitask where the TV is concerned. She's translating something from German with Harry Potter in the background!

But the house is filling with interesting goose-related smells. Dinner is planned for around seven (I think). The kitchen is not my department on Christmas Day.
"No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everybody on the couch."

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #21844 on: 25 December, 2017, 09:34:43 pm »
Drinking instant decaf coffee and watching High Society. It’s just great.
Milk please, no sugar.

Ruthie

• Her Majester
« Reply #21845 on: 25 December, 2017, 09:50:48 pm »
Blimey. I just realised that’s Artie Shaw playing with Louis Armstrong.
Milk please, no sugar.

« Reply #21846 on: 25 December, 2017, 10:36:40 pm »
Went back to the childhood home and cooked dinner with mum, we were joined by one sister and her kids. Came home after they took their two home for bed. I've just finished cleaning my oven!

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #21847 on: 26 December, 2017, 01:49:57 pm »
Asset stripping the turkey carcass (we're one day further along this Christmas than most people).  Filling separate Tupperware boxes with either white or brown meat.  Later I'll be pressure cooking the remains for stock.
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #21848 on: 26 December, 2017, 02:16:01 pm »
Watching the rain from Fort Larrington's newly-toasty conservatory - bought Lt. Col. Larrington (retd.) a small but powerful anbaric heater for same as a Crimblegift.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

mcshroom

• Mushroom
« Reply #21849 on: 27 December, 2017, 09:04:45 pm »
Sitting in front of the fire and shivering. It's -1oC outside and I've just got home to a house that hasn't been heated for up to a week. Brrrrr
Climbs like a sprinter, sprints like a climber!