Author Topic: Lady Flow Saddle advice  (Read 1462 times)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
Lady Flow Saddle advice
« on: 14 March, 2018, 07:59:23 pm »
After today's 25-mile ride on the original saddles that came with our Circe Helios, Jan and I have decided to buy some replacements. Jan has  Lady Gel Flow on her Thorn which she quite likes.

To cut to the chase, are these two the same? The price is clearly very different...

https://www.merlincycles.com/selle-italia-lady-flow-saddle-82337.html?utm_campaign=googlebase-GB&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=shopping&utm_term=Road+Bike+Saddles&ucpo=21282&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkKPVBRDtARIsAA2CG6EtyXA4vTrDr77t6wvR8T-2oHXRG4eQScLTKpqTwEqBVJlNLUG8_M8aAgnXEALw_wcB

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/selle-italia-lady-gel-flow-saddle/rp-prod56212
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
Re: Lady Flow Saddle advice
« Reply #1 on: 14 March, 2018, 08:02:17 pm »
Yes.  But that appears to be because you've posted the same URL twice.

(Where's ian to reconstruct the conversation where the marketing people decided that Lady Flow was a good name for anything you couldn't buy from a chemist?)

Wowbagger

• Former Sylph
    • Stuff mostly about weather
« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2018, 09:50:14 pm »
Edited it now.
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Torslanda

• Professional Gobshite
  • Just a tart for retro kit . . .
    • John's Bikes
« Reply #3 on: 14 March, 2018, 09:57:40 pm »
Merlin's offering is vinyl and makes no mention of gel.

Chiggle's is leather and gel cushioning.

I'd say no.
VELOMANCER

Well that's the more blunt way of putting it but as usual he's dead right.

« Reply #4 on: 14 March, 2018, 10:24:36 pm »
Merlin's offering is vinyl and makes no mention of gel.

Chiggle's is leather and gel cushioning.

I'd say no.

I'd agree. I used to have one of the basic, non-gel ones, and it was fine - though I never tried a gel one to compare.

« Reply #5 on: 15 March, 2018, 12:31:10 pm »
If I remember rightly, there are two models (gel and non gel) which look almost identical. They do feel different though, and it's probably worth spending the extra to get the gel version imo. It will give a more consistent' feel' on longer rides and over the longer term. The foam ones tend to squish after a while.
California Dreaming

« Reply #6 on: 15 March, 2018, 02:25:45 pm »
The difference is one has gel inside and seem slightly better made, the other is sponge. Pauline much prefers the gel version.

I have a very nice Selle-Italia-Ladies-Trans-AM-leather-covered-saddle brand new I can sell you for £28 posted if you are interested. Got it last year for my daughter's bike but she has been told not to ride with her back injury. Although new it is now a discontinued line.

Here is where it came from. https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Selle-Italia-Trans-Am-Lady-Flow-Leather-Saddle_91186.htm
Most people tip-toe through life hoping the make it safely to death.
Home