Author Topic: Follow-me Tandem  (Read 5072 times)

Follow-me Tandem
« on: 11 March, 2010, 09:21:24 am »
Has anyone ever seen/used one of these ?

I'd never heard of them until I saw one locked up in Kingston a couple of weeks ago, then saw it (I presume it was the same one) in traffic more recently.

Looks good but pricey. I wish I had known about these a few years ago.
Rust never sleeps

Re: Follow-me Tandem
« Reply #1 on: 11 March, 2010, 09:28:28 am »
There is/was one for sale on Velovision.

The reports are good, but I'd want to see how they are with the bike attached and unattached for myself before dropping that much money. I do like the the 'let them ride, carry them when they are tired' thing, but we get by...

« Reply #2 on: 11 March, 2010, 10:10:51 am »
What a lovely shot !
Rust never sleeps

arabella

• عربللا
  • onwendeð wyrda gesceaft weoruld under heofonum
« Reply #3 on: 11 March, 2010, 11:22:50 am »
looks like a rather better version of the trailgator and its friends - I think the main thing is to get the right amount of rigidity/flexibility between the leading bike and the led bike.

I've never tried one.  I'd expect it to feel 'worse' than a trailerbike attached to the seatpost in the same way as the latter is 'worse' than a trailerbike attached to a dedicated rack and behind the back wheel (the latter 2 which I have tried).

So that wasn't very much help.
Any fool can admire a mountain.  It takes real discernment to appreciate the fens.

« Reply #4 on: 11 May, 2015, 12:32:57 pm »
Just added a review of this to the reviews section, thought I'd link it here to make it easy to find:

Followme kid-bike attachment

« Reply #5 on: 11 May, 2015, 10:36:40 pm »
Thanks for that, I've been keeping an eye on them for future use - normal tandems are all very well, but with the amount of train journeys we incorporate, even the circe can be a pain.  :)
Quote from: Kim
^ This woman knows what she's talking about.