Author Topic: Chocolate Brownies  (Read 883 times)

Chocolate Brownies
« on: 27 February, 2009, 12:31:17 am »
After last weeks peanut butter flapjack success (thanks Peli  :thumbsup:) it seems Uncle Kyuss is now expected to bake something with the nephews help on my regular weekly visit. ::-)

Tonight it was triple chocolate brownies, and damn these things are good, so thought I'd share.

185g unsalted butter
185g dark chocolate (proper 70% cocoa stuff if you can get it, none of that Bournville sh**e)
85g plain flour
40g cocoa powder
50g white chocolate
50g milk chocolate
3 large eggs
275g golden caster sugar

Cut the butter into small cubes and break the dark chocolate into small pieces. Drop both into a bowl and place on top of a pan of simmering water 'till melted. Once melted leave aside to cool.

Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a bowl. Chop the white and milk chocolate into tiny chunks and leave aside.

Break the eggs into a large bowl and tip in the sugar. With an electric mixer whisk the eggs and sugar until they look thick and creamy. The longer you spend whisking the creamier and yummier the brownies will be.

Pour the cooled chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse, then gently fold together. The idea is to marry them together without knocking out the air you gained from spending 10 minutes whisking.  ::-)

Hold the sieve over the bowl of eggy chocolate mixture and resift the cocoa and flour mixture into it, then gently fold in this powder. Stop just before you feel you should, as you don't want to overdo this part of the mixing (just 'till there's no dry bits.). Finally, stir in the white and milk chocolate chunks until they're dotted throughout.

Pour the mixture into a baking tin lined with baking paper and stick it in the oven at 180 degrees (160 if fan assisted) for 25-30 minutes. Once done, leave to cool thoroughly then munch to your heart's content. Would be great with some cream or ice cream but for that heart starting (or stopping) kick they are absolutely perfect with a good cup of strong coffee. I might not sleep for a week.

Next week we're doing scones. Apparently.

clarion

• Tyke
Re: Chocolate Brownies
« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2009, 09:07:05 am »
There goes my (almost) successful weight loss... ;D
Getting there...

Re: Chocolate Brownies
« Reply #2 on: 14 May, 2009, 11:18:48 am »
To revive this thread I eventually got round to making some of these little beauties, and damn they tasty!

Have brought some into work to share round the office, but can't quite bring myself to hand them out. Am therefore currently scoffing them in stealth brownie mode hiding behind my monitor - nom nom nom...