Author Topic: Jack Spratt  (Read 868 times)

Tim Hall

• Victoria is my queen
Jack Spratt
« on: 03 April, 2011, 08:52:22 pm »
Jack Spratt, we're told, would eat no fat.

I've just finished a rather nice dinner of roast leg of pork. A lovely bit of crackling, underlain by a gorgeous fatty layer. And it was just lovely. I've just cut a bit off the remains and scoffed it. Mostly fat. Yum. 

And the crispy fat on a rib of beef. Mmmmm.

But Mrs. Hall and The Boy both eschew fat. When they eat, they first dissect the meat, picking out all the fatty goodness and leaving it on the side of the plate. It's like a surgical procedure. It takes Mrs. Hall a good five minutes to eat a bacon butty.

So where are you on the Spratt scale? Jack? Or wife?

There are two ways you can get exercise out of a bicycle: you can
"overhaul" it, or you can ride it.  (Jerome K Jerome)

itsbruce

• Lavender Bike Menace
Re: Jack Spratt
« Reply #1 on: 03 April, 2011, 08:58:07 pm »
Fat is good for you and an essential part of your diet.  Fat is also one of the substances in your food that helps tell you that you have eaten your fill.  People who misguidedly try to cut it out of their diet can actually make it harder to keep to a healthy weight, not least because low-fat foods often have added sugar to compensate.

Personally, I like a bit of fat on my food.
I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked: Allen Ginsberg
The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads: Jeff Hammerbacher

« Reply #2 on: 03 April, 2011, 09:31:11 pm »
i've really upped my fat eating in the last 2 months and I've lost a stone and never felt better. I've also cut out carbs as far as seems sensible to me.

google for the primal blueprint..

« Reply #3 on: 03 April, 2011, 10:16:35 pm »
I'm on the wife half of the scale.
If the shop has trimmed all the goodness off, as they are wont to, I generally don't buy it.

nicknack

• Hornblower
« Reply #4 on: 03 April, 2011, 10:20:19 pm »
I'm with you, Mr. Hall.
There's no vibrations, but wait.

« Reply #5 on: 03 April, 2011, 10:41:00 pm »
I'm Jack Spratt. I detest fat. It makes me gag. I don't even like buttered sandwiches.  :sick:  I blame my grandmother who used to make us clear our plate, congealed fat and all, or there would be a reckoning.

That said, in incredibly cold weather, or if I've been cycling heroic distances, lard becomes insanely attractive.  :-[
Have you seen my blog? It has words. And pictures! http://ablogofallthingskathy.blogspot.com/