Author Topic: Mutton Mission  (Read 988 times)

Mutton Mission
« on: 20 February, 2012, 11:07:41 pm »
I fancy doing a mutton stew a la Gordon Ramsay tomorrow, as I have half a bottle of wine to get rid of and feel like a change from beef. So my mission will be to get hold of some mutton somewhere around SE London. You certainly don't see it in the bog-standard supermarkets, so am I going to have a hard time finding some?
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim KrabbĂ©. Possibly

Re: Mutton Mission
« Reply #1 on: 21 February, 2012, 12:16:51 am »
Your best bet for mutton would be either a farm shop, or if you can make it into the inner urbs of that London, possibly Borough Market.
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #2 on: 21 February, 2012, 12:27:49 am »
Try a halal butchers

« Reply #3 on: 21 February, 2012, 12:34:53 am »
Try a halal butchers

<slaps head>

D'oh! I'd forgotten about them, which is funny because there's one at the back of my local Bengali supermarket. 
"He who fights monsters should see to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." ~ Freidrich Neitzsche

« Reply #4 on: 21 February, 2012, 12:50:03 am »
'Something....something.... Something about racing bicycles, but really a profound metaphor about life itself.'  Tim KrabbĂ©. Possibly