Author Topic: Hello everyone, an orange juice and a catch up with some old pals please  (Read 2263 times)

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
I have a recollection that Delthebike was on the ride in question, and provided the photos. He';s still occasionally here or hereabouts so hopefully at some point he will look in.

And I'm trying to remember whether I did the ride on my solo or with Jan on the tandem - or were Jan and I were lovely young couple that MacLeach was referring to?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

Wowbagger

• Stout dipper
    • Stuff mostly about weather
However, none of this addresses MacLeach's desire for miles and orange juice! I think we need to organise something.

Where's a convenient starting point for you, MacLeach?
Quote from: Dez
It doesn’t matter where you start. Just start.

However, none of this addresses MacLeach's desire for miles and orange juice! I think we need to organise something.

Where's a convenient starting point for you, MacLeach?

I think you were solo that day. But definitely not ruling you both out as the nice young couple. Possible bit of senior moment actually or "Mandela syndrome" (I believe its called where you mis-remember stuff about a past event) but may have possibly been thinking of the Dun Run with the tandem riding couple.

Anyhow, anywhere is pretty much a viable start point for me Mr W. Eschew the beer pretty much so have car, will travel with or on bike if required. John O' Groats or Land's End could possibly be stretching my abilities however ;)
I only ride 'em, I don't know what makes 'em work!

I have a recollection that Delthebike was on the ride in question, and provided the photos. He';s still occasionally here or hereabouts so hopefully at some point he will look in.

And I'm trying to remember whether I did the ride on my solo or with Jan on the tandem - or were Jan and I were lovely young couple that MacLeach was referring to?
Was it perchance the mid summer christmas ride?

Defo tandem.
Waiting for Jurek to fix his puncture immediately after 11ses.

Jurek selfishly delays the ride, however it was less of a delay than the time he forgot to bring his bike lock key! :facepalm:

Hi again Del, yep, my memory is even more shocking than I imagined ;D!! That surely isn't me in the photo, it appears to be of young, thin bloke with dark hair (well, actual hair in fact)  ;D ;D.

I suppose I could attempt the emaciation again over a number of years, sadly all is lost for the hair these days but I don't mind being a silver fox !

Thanks for posting those up and nice to hear from you.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo

I don't want to go back in the box.