Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by Guy on Today at 08:47:55 am »
Wild Eyed Boy From Freecloud - David Bowie
The Sporting Life / Re: The cricket...
« Last post by DuncanM on Today at 08:34:21 am »
I played in a BUSA game for Cranfield away at Glamorgan, and after they scored 240-6 or something we were bowled out for 17. Their wicketkeeper top scored in their innings with 60 odd, and extras top scored in ours. I got a first ball duck at #6.
To be fair, they had their Welsh Minor Counties fast bowler playing who basically bowled our entire top order due to sheer pace.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by CarlF on Today at 08:32:18 am »
The Girl from Ipanema - Stan Getz & Astrud Gilberto
Ctrl-Alt-Del / Re: writing a ride report
« Last post by perpetual dan on Today at 08:29:22 am »
If you’re happier collecting your thoughts on paper then do that, and make the typing a simple (depending on your handwriting) transcription task.

Similarly, though for different reasons I have a paper notebook I use as a diary for tours, which is then the basis for a ride report / blog.
OT Knowledge / Re: Dutchie type loaner
« Last post by Ham on Today at 08:28:27 am »
Go to the source?

https://www.tweedehands.net/, search "omafiets". Chances are the seller will speak english, as to shipping - likely more than the cost of the bike.

Or, via ebay.nl stadt fiets https://www.ebay.nl/itm/353102843059?hash=item523691ccb3:g:SJAAAOSwyPRe4OxS, new, shipped from Turkey
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by Ham on Today at 08:10:10 am »
The shelf will be 45 cm wide, I'm going to mount to a board to test. I imagine a fixing will be needed above the bottom shelf to stop the wall strap being pulled away by the torque. Some kind of brace may be needed, a 25mm 45 deg fillet would likely be enough, or, as above, a longer brace. The length of the shelf support is for appearances, not strength. Finish is likely to be smooth black hammerite, as I don't think lacquer/varnish will cut it in the bathroom, which gives me some latitude with the finish. Just as well as it looks like I'm going to be grinding off quite a bit here and there.....
On The Road / Re: e-scooter trial
« Last post by nobby on Today at 07:53:41 am »
[1] You can have a hand throttle to control the power output a modern e-bike, but it needs to be interlocked with some form of pedal sensing to comply.
Unless the shop supplies a kit for the purchaser and then it can have a throttle the chap at Woosh Cycles of Southend told me.
He cannot fit a kit with the hand throttle included, nor supply an bike with a fitted throttle from his business but he can supply kits with throttles.

Besides that, the whole disability cycling laws need reviewing and updating.
The Pub / Re: The "I'm Such a Fecking Div" Thread
« Last post by robgul on Today at 07:31:43 am »
How long is the piece of scaffold board (i.e. width of shelf)? - will the board supports take the weight without bending?

Rides and Touring / Re: Mid-Essex Mid-Week Nocturnal Series
« Last post by Tomsk on Today at 07:27:16 am »
Yep - SH or OT perhaps?  We not going to try XK in HP or is it still a footie fan zone?

There is football tomorrow evening, but England's & Scotland's final matches in the group stage are today. Orange Tree would be ok for a change.

I’ll be missing again this week on account of being on house arrest until midnight on Wednesday  :'(

We miss you - and you're missing the great summer weather!
On The Road / Re: e-scooter trial
« Last post by MikeFromLFE on Today at 07:20:13 am »

<sarcasm>As they can do 30 mph, they won't slow down any cars in town, so anyone driving them won't be hooted at for annoying drivers, or close passed, or told that they need insurance, tax and to stop jumping red lights.</sarcasm>
Your <sarcasm> is completely justified. Some years ago I had the misfortune to own a Tomos 50cc moped (complete with pedals) and it was the most terrifying vehicle, powered or otherwise, I've ever used. It wasn't the thing itself, but that it could only just do 30mph, and had bugger all acceleration. Close passes? Beeps? Tailgating? Yep, all of them.
This would likely be similar. (Except the exhaust wouldn't self-destruct)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10