Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Racing / Re: Keirin in the Grauniad
« Last post by psyclist on Yesterday at 04:01:42 pm »
Looks like an interesting read, thank you for posting. I've pre-ordered.
Health & Fitness / Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Last post by Paul H on Yesterday at 03:59:52 pm »
I can't afford Noom.
Just on this point - I signed up for the free two week trial last year, decided it wasn't for me and cancelled, they then bombarded me with offers till I unsubscribed.  I can't remember what the best was, at least 80% off a years subscription.  I'd already decided it wasn't for me at any price.

I'm calorie counting on and off, and the weight is fluctuating accordingly.  2kg up, 2kg down... I think I'm going to have to settle for that, basically dieting alternate months.  For the calorie counting I'm using nutracheck, I don't have the experience to compare with the others, but this one is UK based and simple enough via app or website.
The Dark Side / Re: Trike Mudguard refurb question
« Last post by fd3 on Yesterday at 03:59:22 pm »
So, cosmetic/paint on this

Just a little metal paint, powdercoat, or faff?
Audax / Re: Damon Peacock
« Last post by Croft on Yesterday at 03:46:04 pm »
Damon was influential in my induction and enthusiasm for Audaxing through his videos and presence on rides. Either filming on his motorbike or him being a natural rouleur meant I would often meet him several times on a ride. Meeting him on PBP, LEL and Bryan Chapman all stand out in my memory. As fboab says, quite a different presence f2f compared to his sometimes mischievous contrarian persona on the forum. Whenever I notice a well laid hedge or dry stone wall, I think of him.

We've lost a few friends on this forum to depression. It reminds me that not to take anyone for granted and value the support we can offer one another.
The Pub / Re: Tune Association
« Last post by canny colin on Yesterday at 03:10:57 pm »
Petrol Head ~ Sting
« Last post by Legs on Yesterday at 03:08:13 pm »
Very sad news.  My condolences to those who knew and loved him.
Health & Fitness / Re: Weight Loss Discussion Thread
« Last post by fboab on Yesterday at 03:03:37 pm »
I can't stand MyFitnessPal and it's calorie counting obsessive ways.
I just found it fundamentally depressing to see my supposed 1600kcal input vs supposed 2500kcal output result in no weight loss at all.

I think I'm going to have 'a weight problem' my whole life. I don't think counting calories is the way to solve it.

Noom advertises itself as working on your psychology- but the thing you have to do? Log calories.

Surely it's more important to look at why you(one/I) eat what you eat and when you eat it, rather than just measuring inputs.

Racing / Keirin in the Grauniad
« Last post by Cudzoziemiec on Yesterday at 03:02:01 pm »
As per title.
That is partly why War On Wheels became a book not about cycling, but about Japan, viewed through the prism of its exhilarating cycling subculture. A blue-collar Japan “hidden” from the rest of the world for the best part of a century, centred on a community of sportsmen and women who ply their trade in the shadows.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jun/22/why-i-love-keirin-one-of-the-olympics-most-exciting-sports-cycling-japan
« Last post by canny colin on Yesterday at 02:59:40 pm »
RIP Damon .
Racing / Re: Finnish end to end record attempt
« Last post by Salvatore on Yesterday at 02:54:57 pm »
The current record-holder's track from 2019 is now displayed on the tracker so that comparisons of their progress can be made. Or will be able to be made, when their routes converge again at Rovaniemi.

Meanwhile in the next hour or so Timo should be riding past where I camped just off the road in 2016.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]