Author Topic: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners  (Read 59886 times)

Cudzoziemiec

• Eating all the pies and drinking all the tea.
Re: Little Eye On The Crazy World Of Foreigners
« Reply #675 on: 13 May, 2021, 01:03:06 pm »
Best comment on that twitterling:
You don't understand. They are preparing to host a gender reveal party, you see.
Riding a bike through a city is like navigating the collective neural pathways of a vast global mind.

ian

• not a woman, not an american, not a vampire
« Reply #676 on: 13 May, 2021, 01:08:43 pm »
I like the woman who fills a bin bag with gasoline and then when it leaks, double-bags it. Now that's practicality.
Support the Great Surrey Bear Census 2020 (postponed due to COVID)

« Reply #677 on: 13 May, 2021, 02:48:03 pm »
I like the woman who fills a bin bag with gasoline and then when it leaks, double-bags it. Now that's practicality.

The video made me laugh, but is many months old.
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/hoarding-gas-plastic-bags/

quixoticgeek

• Mostly Harmless
« Reply #678 on: 14 May, 2021, 09:30:31 pm »

J
--
Beer, bikes, and backpacking
http://b.42q.eu/

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #679 on: 14 May, 2021, 09:59:32 pm »
Arf  ;D

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #680 on: 15 May, 2021, 02:55:04 pm »
That'll be for the new "gel gasoline", it's a semi-solid form of fuel like you find around dinosaur seeds, with the simple chemical formula (a few gazillion hydrocarbons)-H2O3.
Riding a bike through a city is like navigating the collective neural pathways of a vast global mind.

« Reply #681 on: 04 June, 2021, 09:06:38 am »
Perhaps there should be a thread "Little Eye on the Crazy World of Florida", in which case this:

https://www.tampabay.com/news/crime/2021/06/02/boy-10-shot-after-florida-man-let-him-use-paintball-gun-in-drive-by-shooting-police-say/

would be at home.

A few things to note:
Age of "parent" and age of child.
The "stand your ground" principle at work.

« Reply #682 on: 04 June, 2021, 09:24:05 am »
Your notes are indeed eye opening, although I found this quote more mind bending.
"He fired one shot, which struck the child. The boy then lost his balance and was run over by his father’s vehicle, police said."

Cudzoziemiec

« Reply #683 on: 04 June, 2021, 09:57:32 am »
"Run over by his father's vehicle" seems to contradict the line "so he could fire his paintball gun out the window." That's before we even consider the vehicle's autonomous malice.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #684 on: 04 June, 2021, 11:29:33 am »

I would wonder how they plan to get the fuel out of the bags and into the tank. But it's never going to get that far...

I've seen that setup before:  They get the fuel out after the crash, using a small high explosive charge to create a cloud, along with an incendiary charge to ignite it.  They're supposed to use some diesel in the mix for the obligatory plume of thick black smoke, thobut.

It's vitally important to remove all the wheelnuts before pushing the car off the cliff, of course.
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

T42

• Old fool in a hurry
« Reply #685 on: 04 June, 2021, 01:06:47 pm »
"Run over by his father's vehicle" seems to contradict the line "so he could fire his paintball gun out the window." That's before we even consider the vehicle's autonomous malice.

Commendable attempt at retroactive Darwinism.  Now all Daddy needs to do is jump in front of his own moving car.

They could have done a far better job by paintballing a cop shop.
But they never got to Carcassonne.