Author Topic: What are you doing right now?  (Read 2455776 times)

Re: What are you doing right now?
« Reply #23050 on: 24 February, 2021, 07:58:23 am »
I have heard Ice Cream vans too. A bit odd for winter but there are lots of odd things happening now.

We get them year-round. I'm never quite sure whether they're selling ice cream or drugs, though.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #23051 on: 24 February, 2021, 08:37:28 am »
Don't have them here - just as well, I'm an addict.  We do get pizza vans occasionally.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #23052 on: 24 February, 2021, 08:58:18 am »
Wondering how I managed to upset the good doctor by answering her, possibly rhetorical, question with a bit of light hearted banter.  :facepalm:
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

« Reply #23053 on: 24 February, 2021, 12:39:32 pm »
Just come off the phone from rearranging my Aortic Aneurysm screening ultrasound appointment. Very nice & helpful lady - now being done on Saturday.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

T42

• Apprentice geezer
« Reply #23054 on: 24 February, 2021, 01:00:50 pm »
Drinking tea and thinking of... well, not very much, actually. Status quo.
I've dusted off all those old bottles and set them up straight

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #23055 on: 25 February, 2021, 02:20:31 pm »
I am just back from a little pootle.  Yes, I did it, I got on the bike again. 

I didn't sleep much last night (lots of pain), so I spent most of the night listening to youtube videos of ice cracking on lakes in Norway (which is strangely relaxing/reassuring) and drinking camomile tea.  I finally got up at 5 am and made coffee, had a bath and then got ready for a 9 am hospital appointment.  It was a 40-minute drive to the hospital.  After my 10 minute consultation, I popped into the local town to get a takeaway coffee.  I stopped on my way home to take some photos of the river, and then I went to the supermarket.  When I got home, the swans were back.  I thought they had left as I had not seen them since the end of last week.  As the weather was sunny I wanted to be outside. So I could either walk or cycle, so got back on the bike for the first time in.......  I wasn't out long, I kept to the flat, but it felt good.  :thumbsup:

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #23056 on: 25 February, 2021, 04:45:58 pm »
 :thumbsup:
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

barakta

• Bastard lovechild of Yomiko Readman and Johnny 5
« Reply #23057 on: 25 February, 2021, 07:24:38 pm »
I have heard Ice Cream vans too. A bit odd for winter but there are lots of odd things happening now.

We get them year-round. I'm never quite sure whether they're selling ice cream or drugs, though.

My Paisley cousins' ice cream van also sold all sorts of other sweets and snacks as well as running what was probably an illegal cheap VHS hire service... I wonder if they're still running, will have to ask.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #23058 on: 25 February, 2021, 07:26:13 pm »
Not had an ice-cream van yet, but I did hear the "Ayyyouy  Ohwwhyyyyyou!" lorry doing the rounds for the first time in ages.

Basil

• Um....err......oh bugger!
  • Help me!
« Reply #23059 on: 25 February, 2021, 07:30:07 pm »
Not had an ice-cream van yet, but I did here the "Ayyyouy  Ohwwhyyyyyou!" lorry doing the rounds for the first time in ages.

No trumpet?
Admission.  I'm actually not that fussed about cake.

Kim

• Timelord
    • Fediverse
« Reply #23060 on: 25 February, 2021, 07:32:47 pm »
Not had an ice-cream van yet, but I did here the "Ayyyouy  Ohwwhyyyyyou!" lorry doing the rounds for the first time in ages.

No trumpet?

I suppose you could call it that :)

lou boutin

• Les chaussures sont ma vie.
« Reply #23061 on: 26 February, 2021, 09:41:50 am »

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #23062 on: 27 February, 2021, 12:36:44 am »
Sitting on the sofa pinned here by the cat drunkenly wondering how I’m going to get my next beer without disturbing her.
For every complex problem in the world, there is a simple and easily understood solution that’s wrong.

Pingu

• Put away those fiery biscuits!
  • Mrs Pingu's domestique
    • the Igloo
« Reply #23063 on: 27 February, 2021, 12:49:19 am »
Sitting on the sofa pinned here by the cat drunkenly wondering how I’m going to get my next beer without disturbing her.

Ruddy Norah, that's a biggy  :o

Mrs Pingu

• Who ate all the pies? Me
    • Twitter
« Reply #23064 on: 03 March, 2021, 05:41:35 pm »
Being happy cos it's proxy Friday :)
Do not clench. It only makes it worse.

« Reply #23065 on: 04 March, 2021, 09:41:21 am »
Sitting in a car park outside a maternity unit, having carried out ambulance taxi duties, contemplating the circle of life as I was last in this situation 31 years ago.

Beardy

• Shedist
« Reply #23066 on: 04 March, 2021, 02:22:26 pm »
Sitting in a car park outside a maternity unit, having carried out ambulance taxi duties, contemplating the circle of life as I was last in this situation 31 years ago.
Were you not at the ‘bed’ side 31 years ago?

« Reply #23067 on: 14 March, 2021, 04:16:27 pm »
Having one of those days. Church running video streaming then breakfast. Followed by our walk and. Ow sat in front of the fire drinking a superb Rutherford glen we bought in Napa valley, eating cheese and homemade pickles. About to have coffee and a chocolate orange!  May have a rum and cinnamon soaked strawberry crumble later. All whilst reading books. Bliss.

« Reply #23068 on: 14 March, 2021, 04:44:18 pm »
Were you not at the ‘bed’ side 31 years ago?

As it goes, no. At the time I was neighbour to Best Mate and the now Mrs Ham. They were trying to fit in to their Polo as I was going off to work, this presented some challenges so chauffeured in my beemer. BM died of cancer four months later, I became better friends with Mrs Ham some three years after that. So, I had a few things to think about.

tiermat

• According to Jane, I'm a Unisex SpaceAdmin
« Reply #23069 on: 22 March, 2021, 05:18:36 pm »
Waiting...

For UPS to turn up. Maybe Godot has taken over parcel collection duties?
I feel like Captain Kirk, on a brand new planet every day, a little like King Kong on top of the Empire State

« Reply #23070 on: 23 March, 2021, 11:12:25 am »
sitting in the court waiting room whilst barristers are having a chat.  Hence my commenting on multiple threads during work time!

ian

« Reply #23071 on: 23 March, 2021, 11:48:07 am »
Deny everything. They can't prove it.

Mr Larrington

• A bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds
  • Custard Wallah
    • Mr Larrington's Automatic Diary
« Reply #23072 on: 23 March, 2021, 12:00:06 pm »
Try “Some big boys did it then ran away” or “I had no idea they were from $FOREIGN_INTELLIGENCE_AGENCY”.  If they believe the latter you’ll be Home Secretary within four years.
External Transparent Wall Inspection Operative & Mayor of Mortagne-au-Perche
Satisfying the Bloodlust of the Masses in Peacetime

« Reply #23073 on: 23 March, 2021, 12:03:00 pm »
Dementia can be a useful tactic.
Move Faster and Bake Things

« Reply #23074 on: 23 March, 2021, 01:27:25 pm »
It settled so I am now on the train.