Author Topic: LEL 2022is coming soon  (Read 11847 times)

Re: LEL 2022is coming soon
« Reply #75 on: 25 July, 2021, 10:38:23 am »

I hope it goes ahead and I hope for Danial it's a success.
For my part, I have decided to withdraw from the pool of volunteers,
I suspect (on zero evidence) that you won't be alone. I'm sure that the churn of volunteers is in the plan, but Covid may well decrease the number of returning volunteers.

For my part I'm torn as regards volunteering - I'm not getting any younger and the last one really knocked me for six. I really enjoyed the event and the company but not sure I can take the (mental & physical) health hit.

The only route for me (and I'm sure there'll be others like me) is to have a robust conversation with the local controller once I've been allocated to a location.
As far as I remember the application process doest allow me to flag these types of issues up in advance of being allocated to a controller.

I am still planning to come over from continental Europe to be a volunteer. I'll be 65 next year so this may be the only chance. Skipping this one and learning volunteering when I am nearly 70 doesn't seem an especially good idea!

Re Covid, it doesn't play that big a part in the plan. Vaccination, mask and SHA have done pretty well so far for me, I don't see a change. As for crossing the Channel, ask me in 3 weeks time, I'm testing the waters, in a manner of speaking. The machinations of the Tory government might well play an excessively intrusive part in planning!

Is it possible, one of the organisation, to change the Facebook account that I use for the volunteers group? My wife having hijacked my old account I now have a new one and don't receive notifications for the old one (although I can still access it).

Fidgetbuzz

• L sp MOON. 1st R sp MARS . At X SO sp STARS
« Reply #76 on: 25 July, 2021, 09:07:44 pm »
No expert .. but why not join the volunteers group using your new FB account
I was an accountant until I discovered Audax !!

« Reply #77 on: 25 July, 2021, 10:03:58 pm »
No expert .. but why not join the volunteers group using your new FB account

Can I do that? I thought it was a closed group so you had to use the mail that the organisation had for the Facebook group. Problem is, the mail address that I use as a volunteer is linked to the wrong facebook account (I use it for  almost everything else, except work stuff that might attract spam but my new facebook account uses the work address which isn't the one I communicated to the organisation).

« Reply #78 on: 26 July, 2021, 10:05:47 am »
Then you just need to put the request to join (the group) to the right person.  I’m not on FB anymore but during 15-18 I used a different email on FB to the one I used in comms. Is Olaf still managing the volunteer side? Drop an email to him.

MikeFromLFE

• Previously known as Millimole
« Reply #79 on: 26 July, 2021, 02:05:41 pm »
I've just checked that I am a member of the volunteer FB group, and I am.
It's very low volume at the moment. Around 3 posts this year so far (and nothing about the new dates yet).
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

MikeFromLFE

• Previously known as Millimole
« Reply #80 on: 30 July, 2021, 12:51:09 pm »
Registered volunteers from last time should have had some emails from the organisers.
There's a web page to register as a new volunteer at https://londonedinburghlondon.com/volunteer
It seems that if your details haven't changed that you don't need to re-register, although that wasn't initially very clear.
Danial seems to be monitoring the Volunteers' FB group.
Too many angry people - breathe & relax.

« Reply #81 on: Yesterday at 11:52:04 pm »
Registered volunteers from last time should have had some emails from the organisers.
This one has, inviting me to confirm I'm interested in riding next year. It will be useful to the organisers to have a rough idea of how many places might be taken up by those assured entry by having volunteered in 2017 (and another ride (WCW)).
https://londonedinburghlondon.com/