Author Topic: LEJOG: 03-08 JULY 2022  (Read 88206 times)

LMT

Re: LEJOG: 26 - 31 JULY 2020
« Reply #225 on: 26 June, 2020, 09:23:50 pm »
Well despite Andy saying no more on here, his website says it’s postponed till 2021. We won’t be doing it then, have other things planned. So as we have time booked off work, accom and transport sorted, we’re still going ahead ourselves, as it appears it will be legal to do so. We’ll leave LE on 25th, giving us a day extra to do it in, basically 7x 200k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy did send out an email.

« Reply #226 on: 26 June, 2020, 09:26:49 pm »
Well despite Andy saying no more on here, his website says it’s postponed till 2021. We won’t be doing it then, have other things planned. So as we have time booked off work, accom and transport sorted, we’re still going ahead ourselves, as it appears it will be legal to do so. We’ll leave LE on 25th, giving us a day extra to do it in, basically 7x 200k.

Andy did send out an email.
When was that?

LMT

« Reply #227 on: 26 June, 2020, 09:32:12 pm »
Two days ago

« Reply #228 on: 26 June, 2020, 09:36:25 pm »
Neither my wife or me have had that, we’ve both entered?

Are we the only ones that have missed it or not received it, it’s not like we have not been checking/waiting.

« Reply #229 on: 26 June, 2020, 09:45:50 pm »
Neither my wife or me have had that, we’ve both entered?

Are we the only ones that have missed it or not received it, it’s not like we have not been checking/waiting.

You are not alone Kevin, nothing received here either.

« Reply #230 on: 26 June, 2020, 09:54:21 pm »
Me neither. Checked my junk mail too as I did previously have issues.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

« Reply #231 on: 26 June, 2020, 10:38:08 pm »
Nor me. Checked junk.

Andy Corless

• Doesn't take the p***, says it as it is!
« Reply #232 on: 26 June, 2020, 11:45:23 pm »
Hello all,

Obviously, you'll all by now have received the latest instructions from the AUK board that AUK events of any kind won't be resuming before 01 August 2020. As a consequence, we all now have to accept that there'll be no LEJOG AUDAX this year and the event has been postponed until 2021. In all honesty it seems that it was only a matter of time. This is a great shame as I was really looking forward to it. All entrants are in the process of being emailed so if you haven't got yours yet it will be with you within the next couple of days or so. 18-22 July 2021 has been provisionally set for the 2021 edition.

Andy Corless

simonp

« Reply #233 on: 27 June, 2020, 02:25:00 am »
Thanks again Andy.  :thumbsup:

« Reply #234 on: 27 June, 2020, 09:49:31 am »
Thanks for the update Andy.

« Reply #235 on: 27 June, 2020, 11:34:28 am »
Hello all,

Obviously, you'll all by now have received the latest instructions from the AUK board that AUK events of any kind won't be resuming before 01 August 2020. As a consequence, we all now have to accept that there'll be no LEJOG AUDAX this year and the event has been postponed until 2021. In all honesty it seems that it was only a matter of time. This is a great shame as I was really looking forward to it. All entrants are in the process of being emailed so if you haven't got yours yet it will be with you within the next couple of days or so. 18-22 July 2021 has been provisionally set for the 2021 edition.

Andy Corless

Sorry for being a pain Andy. What if anyone isn't able to make the new date for 2021?? I don't think I'll be able to rearrange time off work for one and possibly many others lile that. Do we just lose all the 2020 entry fee. Thanks again

Tomsk

• Fueled by cake since 1957
    • tomsk.co.uk
« Reply #236 on: 27 June, 2020, 05:25:19 pm »
As I understand it, AUK has waived the no refunds rule for the duration and is prepared to underwrite any organiser's losses too, so all should be well. All dissapointed entrants to my ACME events so far have received refunds, unless places on the 2021 editions have been requested.

If it's confirmed no permanent events longer than 200km, or any calendar rides can happen this season, then the ACME Grand will have to be cancelled too. We'll see whether the Richard Ellis 200 & 100km in the new season as well as the ACME Winter Series are viable ...

« Reply #237 on: 27 June, 2020, 06:05:37 pm »
Gutted for you, Andy, reflecting on all your organisation. And disappointed for all those for whom this was going to be an epic (hard) end-to-end.

« Reply #238 on: 29 June, 2020, 06:01:35 pm »
Dear Andy,

I don't receive messages from AUDAX UK, because I'm not a member as a Dutchie. I hope to receive your e-mail soon.

Kind Regards,

Xander.

composite

• Diary of a Randonneur
    • Diary of a Randonneur
« Reply #239 on: 30 June, 2020, 12:28:49 am »
Still haven't received my email yet either.

Some information on what the deal is with refunds if we can't make it to the rescheduled event would be appreciated.   

« Reply #240 on: 30 June, 2020, 01:54:38 pm »
Thanks for all the effort you have put into this - see you in 2021!

Hello all,

Andy Corless

« Reply #241 on: 30 June, 2020, 06:03:14 pm »
Dear Andy,

I don't receive messages from AUDAX UK, because I'm not a member as a Dutchie. I hope to receive your e-mail soon.

Kind Regards,

Xander.

Hi Xander, as Dutchie you can still join Audax UK. It's a bargain! And Dutchies (like myself) really appreciate a bargain ;-)

(And I guess Andy will eventually send an e-mail to all those who entered.)

Andy Corless

« Reply #242 on: 30 June, 2020, 11:27:03 pm »
Some of the emails have gone out but we do seem to be having a problem getting some of them out but for information purposes, below is a text of the email being sent to all entrants:

"Hello all,

Obviously, you'll all by now have received the latest instructions from the AUK board that AUK events of any kind won't be resuming before 01 August 2020. As a consequence, we all now have to accept that there'll be no LEJOG AUDAX this year and I've not really much option other than to postpone the event until 2021. I'm also planning on running the event in 2022. In all honesty it seems that it was only a matter of time. This is a great shame as I was really looking forward to it and I know a lot of you will also be disappointed as many of you have been training exceptionally hard however, we also have to accept that these are exceptional circumstances totally beyond our control and none of which could possibly have been foreseen when the event was first created. I'm particularly concerned for our overseas riders who might have incurred a heavy financial burden whilst arranging flights etc and might have had to self-isolate following arrival in the UK. Fortunately, many of the international airline carriers are offering credits/refunds etc.

I'm hoping, with everyone's cooperation, that all of you will be able to make either the 2021/2022 edition and the dates for 2021 have been provisionally set for 18-23 July 2021. This might seem unusual but with thousands of pounds already spent on the LEJOG event I don't want the event left in a negative financial situation, particularly as the circumstances are exceptional and couldn't have been forseen.

I'll be emailing again in a couple of weeks time with further news. I'm sorry it's turned out like this for everybody this year but the circumstances are obviously exceptional and completely out of everybody's control. I was hoping that the situation would improve throughout the Spring in time for the LEJOG to go ahead as planned in late July but it isn't to be this time.

I hope that you and your families stay safe and do take care for now in these difficult times for what has been a miserable season for seasoned randonneurs.

Andy Corless
Organiser
LEJOG AUDAX
"

Adding to that, considering that with all the AUK Spring events cancelled I doubt whether most riders would have been in condition anyway.

Andy Corless

Davef

« Reply #243 on: 09 July, 2020, 03:28:47 pm »
Thanks again to Andy for the efforts he has made. I still intend to have a go as a solo ride this year (before repeating in 2021 or 2022 officially)  It has been officially announced today that phase 3 is underway in Scotland and that hotels are open for tourism for the 15th. Hotels do seem particularly cheap ... my travelodge/premier Inn bookings average less than £30.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

« Reply #244 on: 09 July, 2020, 05:01:14 pm »
Thanks again to Andy for the efforts he has made. I still intend to have a go as a solo ride this year (before repeating in 2021 or 2022 officially)  It has been officially announced today that phase 3 is underway in Scotland and that hotels are open for tourism for the 15th. Hotels do seem particularly cheap ... my travelodge/premier Inn bookings average less than £30.

Sounds like a pampered ride 😉 Good luck!
Bikes are for riding, not cleaning!

« Reply #245 on: 15 July, 2020, 10:26:59 pm »
Just for the information of anyone that might have been in a similar situation of non response from the organiser when asked about anything... Including concerns regards not being able to attend next years event...

I took it to paypal and opened up a case. Not sure what the outcome will be but at least it seems to have led to a response (no shizzle Sherlock) by the organiser (Burnley Cycle Club). Not to me directly but to PayPals resolution team. But its a start.

Hope it helps anyone else that might be struggling with comms and finances ...

Andy Corless

« Reply #246 on: 29 July, 2020, 10:02:56 am »
Nobody is ignoring you. Everybody who has emailed us re LEJOG this last month will now have been replied to. If you emailed us and didn't receive a response it's likely your email came through the Spam folder which I tend to delete without reading (or even reading the subject line). Only an apology if so and I can assure you that having ridden events myself for over 25 years and organised for over 10 years this isn't the usual standard of service. I'm sure that everyone who entered would have received the "confirmation of postponement" email from late June/early July which was sent to every entrant, I think they would have been in contact by now if not.

You're welcome to enter next year or in 2022, and I'm sure you will once the Covid-19 pandemic blows over and things hopefully return to normal. I Look forward to seeing you then if so.

Andy Corless

C-3PO

• Human-cyborg relations
« Reply #247 on: 29 July, 2020, 12:21:27 pm »
NB. If anyone thinks my post wasn't observing rule #1 (dont be a ...) then feel free to PM and I'm happy to delete and just wait to see when Andy manages to cstch up. Apologies in advance

Just got my money back from paypal. Thanks Andy for acting like we're all thick and ignoring us (well done for responding quickly when paypal got in touch). Won't ever be doing an audax with you again mate ya swindling ignoring smartypants. Thanks again fella and hope everyone else you ignored when it came to money woes manages to also get refunded  ::-).

Master, the information in your post above could have been expressed in a more appropriate way. We understand your frustration, but suggest a re-word to the post; you have the power to do this.

Your shiny servant.

Davef

« Reply #248 on: 30 July, 2020, 07:52:54 pm »

Sounds like a pampered ride Good luck!

bairn again

« Reply #249 on: 30 July, 2020, 09:20:18 pm »

Sounds like a pampered ride Good luck!

Chapeau.  No finer feeling!