Author Topic: Results, Brevet Cards and SR medal.  (Read 11159 times)

Re: Results, Brevet Cards and SR medal.
« Reply #25 on: 27 January, 2020, 07:17:56 am »
I got my brevet and plaquette yesterday, when I came home after a weekend away. The homologation sticker has a couple of times that don’t match the chrono times. Loudeac on the way back is almost an hour out and Fougeres is almost an hour and a half out. The stamps on the card are only a few minutes different from the electronic timing. Any thoughts on why that might be?

I suppose I should just be pleased I made it and got homologated.

« Reply #26 on: 27 January, 2020, 10:58:43 am »
I got my brevet and plaquette yesterday, when I came home after a weekend away. The homologation sticker has a couple of times that don’t match the chrono times. Loudeac on the way back is almost an hour out and Fougeres is almost an hour and a half out. The stamps on the card are only a few minutes different from the electronic timing. Any thoughts on why that might be?
Confess I hadn't noticed the printed sticker on the inside cover of my brevet.
At Fougeres on the way out (ie stopped moving, bike parked) my mat time shows as 12:35 and in the brevet the time is noted as 07:14 a few minutes after arriving (and climbing those steps) - 12:40 since starting.
On the way back at both Loudeac and Fougeres the timings look an hour out: mat v manuscript. It's the time at the finish that matters. The mat/manuscript times at Rambouillet tally - I did not dally between the cobbled finish and the tent.

stefan

• aka martin
« Reply #27 on: 27 January, 2020, 01:03:09 pm »
but there is a Group A French lady in the results book with a time of 88:35.

but who started with group F so perhaps a late change?

Exactly. It's Elizabeth who rode one of the bikes for the Concours des Machines. In quite a late stage it was decided that they would all start together in group F.

Elizabeth and bike at 05:37 in this nice Concours des Machines video (also some nice cake),

https://vimeo.com/355868884?fbclid=IwAR2Gi3GKHicnIyPJkWxUOZmkWBPF1WWdS0yuR6UKQUJEeEZac3VF1pVZ7Xo

some very nice bicycles, mine have never been that clean.

Ah that makes sense. I saw her sometime during the first night (I distinctly remember the bike) & I was puzzled why someone from Group A should be so far back.
Member no. 152 of La Société Adrian Hands

« Reply #28 on: 27 January, 2020, 01:18:22 pm »
Separately, the PBP stuff came from the ACP in Aachen... and the R5000 came from the chairman in Yorkshire.
That they landed on the same day is quite impressive, no SR medals yet, but then I've also not been asked for money for the medals yet either, I thought Yorkshirmen were the English Equivalent of Fifers when it comes to money so expected a bill a while back.

Thank you! I guess there is still hope for my ACP R5000 in this case, but I suspect I missed the cut off for this year.

Nim

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #29 on: 27 January, 2020, 03:50:25 pm »
Separately, the PBP stuff came from the ACP in Aachen... and the R5000 came from the chairman in Yorkshire.
That they landed on the same day is quite impressive, no SR medals yet, but then I've also not been asked for money for the medals yet either, I thought Yorkshirmen were the English Equivalent of Fifers when it comes to money so expected a bill a while back.

Thank you! I guess there is still hope for my ACP R5000 in this case, but I suspect I missed the cut off for this year.

Nim
Chris can tell you. He told me he sent mine, but I have not seen it yet. I wonder if it has been delivered to the wrong address. It is not unusual for us to receive post for other people.

Eddington  127miles, 170km