Author Topic: The White Hart  (Read 1203 times)

RideHard

• The London Grimpeur
  • ACH Organiser
    • Steam Rides & Chiltern Grimpeurs
The White Hart
« on: 25 June, 2021, 06:38:50 pm »
https://audax.uk/event-details?eventId=8677 The White Hart 200km is now full! I've accommodated late entries from a waiting list, as DNS's have allowed.
INFO e-mailed details to all riders, fingers crossed for fair weather and riders enjoy this new event, as much as I have had planning it  :thumbsup:

I'm planning running the post-phoned ACH SR for next year 2022: (and maybe a re-run of The White Hart)
Mar’22   LOL London-Oxford-London [The Ghan] 200
Mar’22   The Dean 300
Apr’22   The London Circuit 400
May’22   University Challenge 600

ACH SR: Dean 300; Steam Ride LOL 200; Quainton Express 100; University Challenge 600; London Circuit 400; C2C; Hadrian's Wall; Chiltern Pub Crawl; White Hart.   2022 AUK: ACH SR; Wessex SR; LEL; LeJog

Re: The White Hart
« Reply #1 on: 28 June, 2021, 03:17:34 pm »
This was my fist 200km.  Nice route thought we had got away with the rain but the last 2 hours was like a monsoon.  Windsor park was nice to ride through only one really big hill the Devil’s Punch Bowl.  Sandwiches at the half way point went down well.  I Would do again already thinking how to reduce weight on the bike maybe bin the pannier as I tend to think oh that might be useful.  If I don’t have the panier I won’t be able to take it.  I drove  up to London the night before and after the ride I was camping.

Wycombewheeler

• PBP-2019 LEL-2022
« Reply #2 on: 28 June, 2021, 04:28:00 pm »
Whatever size of bag you have on the bike,  you will fill it with things you 'need'.

Repair tools that you need on every ride and clothing as required for the weather. Food supplies if travelling where supplies are scarce.

Eddington  127miles, 170km

« Reply #3 on: 28 June, 2021, 04:31:22 pm »
Fourth 200km for me. Not too bad going round, but three punctures saw us quite late into town in dark and treacherous monsoon conditions. Once back in Richmond we diverted to station instead of arrivee, hopefully Tim you saw my email =)

ealer

• novice audaxer
« Reply #4 on: 29 June, 2021, 11:37:21 am »
My first Audax too - really enjoyed it.  Many thanks to Tim for the organisation and Malcolm (who I met at the start line and rode with me) for keeping me at a pace to finish in good time and miss all the rain, which I enjoyed from the comfort of home a few miles from the finish!

Thanks also to the 2 ladies from KWCC who guided us superbly through the last 30km or so.

« Reply #5 on: 29 June, 2021, 12:18:55 pm »
This was a great ride, thank you, Tim. I particularly appreciated the food at the half way point.
I'm attempting three concurrent RRtYs at present and really needed to complete this ride. Sadly my Garmin Edge 1030 chose the first few hundred metres to die; most grateful to the group on which I jumped for the first 45 km and to Nigel, lone rider, who guided me from there. Garmin are sending me a replacement even though it is well out of normal warranty.
I look forward to doing this ride and Tim's other rides next year. Tim is always so thoughtful and kind - attributes that are particularly valuable and important at this time.