Author Topic: Pictures of your 'bent(s)  (Read 4671 times)

Re: Pictures of your 'bent(s)
« Reply #50 on: 13 July, 2021, 10:21:22 am »
I find I’m comparable over 10m per km terrain between my recumbent and road bike at similar effort levels. Effort being assessed from the HR data.  I don’t ride my road bike long distance anymore.  Once you get used to the comfort it’s hard to go back to upright.

« Reply #51 on: 13 July, 2021, 10:41:52 am »
I find I’m comparable over 10m per km terrain between my recumbent and road bike at similar effort levels. Effort being assessed from the HR data.  I don’t ride my road bike long distance anymore.  Once you get used to the comfort it’s hard to go back to upright.

Yeah, my back definitely gets much less sore on longer rides on the recumbent than my road bike, though I do miss the reduced sense of "connection" with the bike, as if it's almost an extension of your body, that you get from a well-fitted road bike, so still may use the latter for some shorter rides.
Old enough to know better, but young enough to do it anyway

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #52 on: 13 July, 2021, 12:56:25 pm »
Here's a few of my Azub six

Yorkshire

Scotland
Current mood: AARRRGGGGHHHHH !!! #bollockstobrexit

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #53 on: 13 July, 2021, 06:50:51 pm »
Here's a few of my Azub six

Yorkshire

Scotland

You getting out on it much these days?   

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #54 on: 13 July, 2021, 06:59:56 pm »
Sadly I haven't been out on it since 2019. Sadly the locals are rather talkative so with covid around I know I wouldn't be able to keep social distance. And riding a bent is a people magnet as you know.

Kim

• Timelord
« Reply #55 on: 13 July, 2021, 08:11:35 pm »
Sadly I haven't been out on it since 2019. Sadly the locals are rather talkative so with covid around I know I wouldn't be able to keep social distance. And riding a bent is a people magnet as you know.

Just ride faster.   :demon:
Careful, Kim. Your sarcasm's showing...

woollypigs

• Mr Peli
    • woollypigs
« Reply #56 on: 13 July, 2021, 08:40:02 pm »
HA! That implies that I gotta be fit, cause the local cyclist around here can go up hill at speed. But I go out to enjoy the rides and views etc so that means I will now and again stop, not only to find the right full place for my lungs but also enjoy the views.

« Reply #57 on: 28 July, 2021, 01:52:52 pm »
Metabike here is flat rural Suffolk. Just fitted a shiny 155mm crank.