Author Topic: First ride in a few years...  (Read 1666 times)

First ride in a few years...
« on: 10 May, 2021, 08:25:16 am »
We had twins who will turn five this year, and since they were born my High Baron has been hanging in the garage. I got it down for an hour in the first lockdown (on the turbo) and that's been it. I haven't really been riding any of my other bikes either, beyond the commute (only 5 miles each way and nothing since covid) and a little bit of towing the kids around on an e-bike.

Yesterday I rode the Valkyries 112km audax out of Gala on the High Baron. It was a bit of a rude awakening! I didn't actually feel that terrible on the bike but I noticed that hills with a 10 minute PR were taking more like 15 minutes  :o

Great to be back in the saddle though. I'd forgotten how great it feels to let rip downhill in a fully laid back position!

Re: First ride in a few years...
« Reply #1 on: 10 May, 2021, 11:28:10 am »
Congrats! and Congrats!
I bought my SPM when my twins were <1yo and ... for who knows what reason ... I didn't learn to ride it for 2-3 years.  My twins are 6, I don't think I will Audax for another 5 years (even locally) but I have found that early morning Sunday rides are A Thing, as long as you can get back for a late family start to the day.
Also, 5 is a year or two away from going riding with the kids!
simplicity, truth, equality, peace

Re: First ride in a few years...
« Reply #2 on: 11 May, 2021, 10:35:33 pm »
Awesome, good on you, I had my first ride fir 2 weeks today.  Was p,annin* bit further but the rain chased me home early😂😂