Author Topic: Can anyone here do me a B&W contact print of some ancient medium format negs?  (Read 194 times)

Having a clear out yesterday, I found some very old - 50s and 60s - negatives. They must have been taken by my folks. I blanched when I saw what having them printed would cost, so a contact print would let me cherry pick the better ones for my mum's birthday next month. Can anyone help, or recommend a company? There are c.40-50 negs.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.

Jaded

• The Codfather
  • Formerly known as Jaded
Have you got a scanner? Or can you investigate taking a digital photo of them?
If you don't like your democracy, vote against it.

+1 for scanning, I did a few a while back in my v. cheap printer/scanner thing and they came out v. well but with a weird colour cast - not a problem you'll have...

You might even be able to do it with your iPhone if you can squish them against a white piece of paper with a sheet of glass, and work out how to light it without getting reflections.

No, I've not got a scanner. The idea of contact prints appeals so the rest of the family can get a quick idea of which ones to have printed.
Haggerty F, Haggerty R, Tomkins, Noble, Carrick, Robson, Crapper, Dewhurst, Macintyre, Treadmore, Davitt.