Author Topic: On the lookout for a touring recumbent with USS  (Read 1654 times)

On the lookout for a touring recumbent with USS
« on: 09 November, 2021, 07:39:18 pm »
Hiya folks,

First of all, I'm new round these parts, so the humblest of forelock-tugging humble apologies if this is supposed to be posted elsewhere. But...

I'm after a touring recumbent (two wheels, pretty please) with underseat steering. Not a fan of tillers, open-cockpit, J-bars, etc. An Azub SIX, HPV Streetmachine, Nazca Gaucho, etc. - a luggage-friendly all-rounder.

I'm in North Yorkshire, but I'll travel for the right bike.

Cheers everyone

Re: On the lookout for a touring recumbent with USS
« Reply #1 on: 09 November, 2021, 08:41:40 pm »
I've got a Nazca Gaucho 26 set up for touring. Full racks and a SON hub. I'm in Sheffield.

Message me if you're interested.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

« Reply #2 on: 10 November, 2021, 10:55:46 am »
Just in case anyone reads the above about the Gaucho and thinks maybe this is now all done and dusted - unfortunately it didn't work out: I'm still after a bike.

« Reply #3 on: 10 November, 2021, 01:10:30 pm »
My Gaucho has aerobars. Note to self - read more carefully

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

« Reply #4 on: 11 November, 2021, 08:03:39 pm »
It's a shame, it really is, but I just don't get on as well with above-seat steering.

I really thought I'd like aerobars before I actually tried them, but my monstrous legs need more clearance to feel comfortable. I'd possibly grow to tolerate them (the bars, not the legs), but the first time I tried USS it felt perfect...and I'd prefer to go with immediately perfect rather than potentially eventually tolerable.

RichForrest

• T'is I, Silverback.
    • Ramblings of a silverback cyclist
« Reply #5 on: 12 November, 2021, 01:53:02 am »
I have a nice USS touring recumbent for sale.
Only thing is that it's about 11ft long and has 2 seats  ;D
Great fun to ride though  :thumbsup:

« Reply #6 on: 12 November, 2021, 09:03:06 am »
Hmmmm.

I mean, I guess I didn't specify my ideal seat-count, fair enough, but I'd say "one" is - coincidentally enough - both the maximum and the minimum.

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #7 on: 12 November, 2021, 03:51:20 pm »
Hi there, we messaged on BHPC  about my Strretmachine, but I let you down and decided to keep it. BUT I have the contact details of a Streetmachime GT if you are interested. Pm if so and I’ll whizz his details over to you, it’s via the CTC forums, so genuine, and he’s had it a few years. Cheers

Blodwyn Pig

• what a nice chap
« Reply #8 on: 12 November, 2021, 04:56:47 pm »
Details sent.   :)